How Verizon Will Compete with AT&T's iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
You weren't specific. You said NY, not NYC or "the NY metro area." NY is a whole state, and the majority of that state has zero GSM penetration.

I notice you didn't address the rest of my comments at all. Have you realized your opening thesis was just a tad off base?
I apologize that I wasn't more specific, but I assumed that people would know what I was talking about when I said the service was impeccable with any carrier in NY. Typically, one would think 'metro area'.

I haven't addressed a lot of what was said in this thread, not because I'm not reading or paying attention, but because I'm one man against what seems like a whole community attacking me for a comment I made, which I will admit might be 'a tad off base' only after taking into consideration that the reasons I believe the GMS versions are better might not be things that are important to everyone.

I will, however, use an analogy to support my 'original thesis'. I have two nearly identical cars. Car A being AT&T and car B being Verizon. Car A uses about a quarter more gas to get from point A to point B, but includes everything car B has PLUS it has leather seats, where car b doesn't and it has power windows where car B doesn't. In my opinion, car A is better. This is just my opinion. But a lot of us might think that gas is WAY more important. Those people are the ones who attacked me in this thread
Thank you! How many ways does this need to be said in this thread? Op is on verizon, but has a line on t-mobile and is an AT&T fanboy.

This just doesn't add up. Not one bit. But at least the AT&T iPhone can do simultaneous data/voice. Right?

So I guess the commercials should instead say "if you don't have an AT&T iPhone ......well....... You don't have an AT&T iPhone". Not sure why you are on verizon if the AT&T iPhone is so much more amazing.
i said it once, i'll say it again, I hate at&t, but i think their iphone is more superior.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Really bad analogy. A GSM iPhone has one advantage over a CDMA iPhone, and that is simultaneous voice/data - and that will be a nonissue once LTE is used. One advantage (that many people don't see as an advantage) don't make it superior.

By the way, "superior" is a superlative. It cannot be increased - kinda like "biggest." Either it is superior, or it is not. It can't be "more" superior.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Really bad analogy. A GSM iPhone has one advantage over a CDMA iPhone, and that is simultaneous voice/data - and that will be a nonissue once LTE is used. One advantage (that many people don't see as an advantage) don't make it superior.

By the way, "superior" is a superlative. It cannot be increased - kinda like "biggest." Either it is superior, or it is not. It can't be "more" superior.

no, it has two. you can merge calls even when you're not the original caller on GSM.

I'm gonna quote a very wise man here "gsm does everything that cdma does, plus some. Which, as far as I can tell, fits the standard definition of "better"

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
no, it has two. you can merge calls even when you're not the original caller on GSM.

I'm gonna quote a very wise man here "gsm does everything that cdma does, plus some. Which, as far as I can tell, fits the standard definition of "better"

Yes you can merge calls .. When you have signal !!! Hahaha jk

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
But it is still an opinion. Just because YOU think it, does not make it fact.

I don't know. I'm starting to think that because he does think it is better. It must be! He has made such a compelling argument by using ALL CAPS to state FACT. Isn't that compelling enough for all ViPhone users to cancel immediately and switch to AT&T? Oh wait. I forgot. Op is on verizon.

Well if saying something with all caps makes it fact without compelling evidence of any kind, than I am TALL, DARK and HANDSOME. Now I'm going to text that to my wife so she will see and believe. :)

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not your friend.

And it's still just your opinion. And that is all it will ever be.

haha, someone is emotional

I don't know. I'm starting to think that because he does think it is better. It must be! He has made such a compelling argument by using ALL CAPS to state FACT. Isn't that compelling enough for all ViPhone users to cancel immediately and switch to AT&T? Oh wait. I forgot. Op is on verizon.

Well if saying something with all caps makes it fact without compelling evidence of any kind, than I am TALL, DARK and HANDSOME. Now I'm going to text that to my wife so she will see and believe. :)
i did use caps a few times, but don't be ignorant. i've been stressing and elaborating on two of my points in detail. is this what were resorting to?

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
haha, someone is emotional

i did use caps a few times, but don't be ignorant. i've been stressing and elaborating on two of my points in detail. is this what were resorting to?

Not trying to be ignorant, just making a point. You would do well to listen to the posts of the others in this thread. You are defending a DOA argument that will go nowhere because the claims you are making are 100% dependent on the opinion of the end user, the individuals needs and wants, and the network needs and wants.

Just because for me the ViPhone experience is far superior to my 3 previous AT&T iPhones, it does not make it a fact for others. Which phone is superior is a pointless argument from either side. They are both iPhones, they are both manufactured by apple, both have retina displays, both have front and back glass, both play music, both sync with iTunes, make calls, browse the Internet, retrieve and send email, do FaceTime, and on and on and on.

Again, not trying to be ignorant. Just reiterating what others in this and the countless other AT&T vs Verizon threads have concluded. It is and will always be an argument that is based solely on the end users preferences, which renders the argument a dead one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro