Does AT&T's Imminent Acquisition of T-mobile Mean I have to Pay AT&T the Money I owe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I owe AT&T about a thousand dollars, but I can't pay that right now. I've recently signed up with T-mobile and was wondering if that means AT&T will cut my phone off and demand their money when the acquisition goes through

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
How on earth can you owe 1000 dollars? You shouldn't be payin for another phone if you owe that kind of cash. You should turn your phone off and pay AT&T monthly what you can till it's paid off. You will survive without a phone for a while. It is so funny how people think that a phone is a necessity these days. It isn't! It is a luxury! And believe me, one can do without this particular luxury.

No telling if they will figure out who you are for quite a while!!! So you may be good for a while. But honestly! Pay what you owe so these phone companies stop jacking our prices to cover the dead beats that don't pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i have a very good reason for not paying at&t and my lawyer says i have a case.
thanks for the reply, but that doesnt remotely answer my question bro.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well aside from the whole money thing it will all depend what the actually deal will entail when AT&T and T-Mobile actually sign the deal. You may or may not. May I ask what they did that you are not paying for and why your lawyers believe that you have a case?

Only reason I ask is that because AT&T is going to basically be the parent company and then eventually just eliminate T-Mobile in general so the lawsuit could still hold. However this does mean that they do hold the right to deactivate your service since it will be owned by AT&T.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And if your lawyer has told you that you have a case, I sincerely hope he has also told you to put the money you owe in escrow, otherwise it proves you have no intent of paying (case or not) and you are guaranteed to lose.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm not your Bro, dude.

Your the one who "admitted" that you owed them money. And that you cant afford to pay right now(intending to pay someday?) If you owe them then why hire a lawyer? I don't understand?

I smell an untruth!

If you owe then pay and don't waste your money on another cell phone plan. End of story!

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not your Bro, dude.

Your the one who "admitted" that you owed them money. And that you cant afford to pay right now(intending to pay someday?) If you owe them then why hire a lawyer? I don't understand?

I smell an untruth!

If you owe then pay and don't waste your money on another cell phone plan. End of story!

Off topic but all I can think about when reading this is the canada strike episode of south park... "I'm not your friend, guy!"

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I owed AT&T 600 dollars and it was the day after the cut-off to when they send the debt to collections and cancel my account all together. I actually DID pay the 600 but they refused to just turn my service back on. They slapped my with a 300 dollar deposit and cancellation fee to turn my service back on. ONE day

taeisme4eva

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
You must have a bad payment history with AT&T, there is no way that would happen if you were a customer in good standing. I have been on vacation missed a payment and they have never done that to me. But 600$$ how many lines do you have or should I say how many months were you behind??

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, maybe I'm not reading things correctly, but if you paid the $600 and the additional $300 was a deposit requirement then it wasn't a bill, it was just a requirement IF you wanted service with them again. And the fact that it was $300 tells me that the $600 you owed them was probably for more than one month of service. So, I do not see how you owe $1000 on a $600 bill that you paid. .???

I doubt seriously an attorney told you that you have a case unless they are scamming you themselves. Why would you pay an attorney and not AT&T? At $350/hr you could more than repay your debt. You defaulted on the contractual agreement to pay your bill on it's due date. They do not owe you service. Alli is absolutely correct with her advice to have the funds in escrow.

As far as your question, I doubt it would happen anytime soon because it would take quite some time for AT&T to cross reference the account information. It would just be easier to start making monthly or weekly payments to get it paid before it is a problem. That way it doesn't come back to bite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW