For those NY Metro users

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about possibly switching to Verizon but how do you all feel about this blog post?: Why I switched back to an AT&T iPhone

I am just looking for honest opinions, not to bust on Verizon's network. I understand all networks have their issues but am wondering how true that post is. I've been debating because currently I am on sprint (which has it's own issues as well) but because of the price differences, I'm not sure if I'm willing to switch carries to pay more money for similar service (and don't try to get me to switch because you might hate sprint, that's not my question here)

Thanks all.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually from NJ, and mostly stay in NJ but wondering how the area is. I heard the service might be Ok, but the data speeds are slow. Then again the sprint speeds have been getting slower as well....

obutto#IM

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
When you're in NYC everything will be decent. Verizon 3G seems slower that AT&T/Tmobile in the city from my observations.

I'm on Verizon since I live on Long Island and it seems to have the best reception in the boroughs though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyMichel

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
When you're in NYC everything will be decent. Verizon 3G seems slower that AT&T/Tmobile in the city from my observations.

I'm on Verizon since I live on Long Island and it seems to have the best reception in the boroughs though.
Listen to that guy. Verizon is not the choice to make if you live in NY.