SIM card

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm purchasing a 'used' iPhone 4 from a friend at work, currently I have an iPhone 3GS, and I see that the iPhone 4 has a different sized SIM card. Would I be able to purchase this SIM card from AT&T? Or would they not sell it to me since I didn't purchase the iPhone 4 from them?

Additionally I'm giving my iPhone 3GS to my wife cause she hates her Samsung Focus, would she be able to put her SIM card for the Focus (WP7 phone) in the iPhone 3GS?

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm purchasing a 'used' iPhone 4 from a friend at work, currently I have an iPhone 3GS, and I see that the iPhone 4 has a different sized SIM card. Would I be able to purchase this SIM card from AT&T? Or would they not sell it to me since I didn't purchase the iPhone 4 from them?

Additionally I'm giving my iPhone 3GS to my wife cause she hates her Samsung Focus, would she be able to put her SIM card for the Focus (WP7 phone) in the iPhone 3GS?

They will certainly sell you a micro sim card. I think they charge 10$. As for your wifes sim, as long as it is a regular sim card she should just be able to pop it into the 3GS and be off to the races. Good luck.

Reactions: Caballera

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
They will certainly sell you a micro sim card. I think they charge 10$. As for your wifes sim, as long as it is a regular sim card she should just be able to pop it into the 3GS and be off to the races. Good luck.

If you go to an AT&T corporate store they won't charge you at all. Just tell them you got an iPhone for and you need to have your number put on a microsim instead of your old sim card. If you go to one of those "Authorized Retailer's" they'll charge you.

Reactions: Caballera

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
As an aside, for those who may go from a Samsung Focus (or any non iPhone smartphone), when you have a Samsung Focus you're on the Smartphone data plan (if you're grandfathered in is $30.00 for unlimited). If you put your Samsung Focus SIM card into a iPhone 3GS then you will get a message that your iPhone 3GS is does not have a data plan. I ended up doing an online chat with AT&T and they asked for the IMEI number (dial * # 0 6 #) and then they switched my wife from the Smartphone unlimited data plan to the iphone unlimited data plan. Also got visual voice mail for free. Other then that it was quick and painless.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
is there anyway to move from one SIM to another? I am giving my GF my iphone 4, she has a 3gs. Does AT&T have an online SIM transfer tool? I know we can just go to an AT&T store, but would be nice to just migrate without going to a store. (ps I know I can cut her card, but rather not)

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If she has a 3GS and you have a 4, you'd have to go into the store to get a new SIM card. The card she has has a chip in it and they will have to transfer the data to a micro SIM

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner