Verizon discontinuing unlimited data this summer

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
It would be up to Verizon if you can upgrade and keep the old contract but extend it. I'm thinking that the iPhone 5 will have LTE compatibility and Verizon is going to squeeze those plans for as much money as they can.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Next time those of us that just got iPhones will be upgrade eligible again will be about 20 months from now... and by then, there will be an iPhone5, and LTE should be mostly deployed. It will be a whole different world, and pricing will likely be all new and different.

I have my unlimited now, and I'm not going to stew about anything until it's time to get a new phone again :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Next time those of us that just got iPhones will be upgrade eligible again will be about 20 months from now... and by then, there will be an iPhone5, and LTE should be mostly deployed. It will be a whole different world, and pricing will likely be all new and different.

I have my unlimited now, and I'm not going to stew about anything until it's time to get a new phone again :)

That's how I feel too. Verizon even said a long time ago that LTE would be
tiered pricing. This should come to no surprise to anyone at all.

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but if Verizon somehow didn't grandfather my unlimited data plan in on my ViP4, then that would break my contract? I don't see how they could bump up my data plan price or limit my data when I signed a 2 yr contact.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but if Verizon somehow didn't grandfather my unlimited data plan in on my ViP4, then that would break my contract? I don't see how they could bump up my data plan price or limit my data when I signed a 2 yr contact.

They cant this is just for those who sign a new contract this summer.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have unlimited on my droid, the way I see it, I can't lose either way.

If they grandfather me in, I get a shiny new iPhone 5.
If they get greedy, I get a shiny new iPhone 4 at a cheaper price.

Bottom line, I am not spending >$30 for data for the next year or two.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
A buddy of DH went into a Verizon store a couple of weeks ago and was told the unlimited plan would be $50/month staring April 25th.

I know, I know, my cousin's mother's sister's best friend said the sky was falling. Just thought I'd add more fuel to the fire. We all know how reliable the store employees are.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

when I bought new iphone the verizon rep told me as long as I don't purchase a new iphone 4? or newer than this one I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, but once I upgrade to a newer phone then the unlimited data is over.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I really would not be surprised if AT&T stops letting people keep their unlimited plans as they upgrade in the coming years and moves everyone to tiered plans. The days of all you can eat are numbered, if you want to use a lot of wireless data it is going to cost you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2