Can't block numbers at Verizon Wireless?

jr_sanford

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if your wireless carrier is Verizon Wireless? the call and message blocking feature is unavailable at My Verizon and cannot even be added by Customer Service.:mad:
So I hope you don't want any numbers blocked :rolleyes:

J.R.

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It one of the reasons I got rid of our V landline at home. 90% of the calls were solicitations. ...even tho' we were on the 'no call' list from about an hour after they offered it. Treat your phone # like your Social Security number.

Jim

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Treat your phone # like your Social Security number.

This is so true. I can't believe how people give it out to just anybody. You can't even go to the store and buy something without them asking for your phone number. The sales people are stunned when I refuse to give it to them. That just tells me how free people are with their number.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I too don't give them a number or I do the (555) 555-5555 bit, I learned a long time ago that giving your number out can cost you unnecessary sales harassment.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? You CAN block numbers on VZW. You can do it via my Verizon. I've blocked several numbers on my hubby's account.

RodneyJ725

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak and get iBlacklist :)

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 (hurray, and high-5's!). I will definitely look for iBlacklist, especially since it seems AT&T can't block numbers.

Do most of you turn off "show my caller ID?" I still show my number because 98% of my iPhone use is data-oriented and not voice calls. 99.9% of my calls are with friends, and it allows them to see it's me instead of "unknown" since I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, and I certainly never answer "unknown," thus I do not expect friends to unknown. I don't even have voice mail set up. (hate it).

Even so, I still receive 3 or 5 calls a week from 2 or 3 strange numbers: I want to block them as they come. :->

Last edited:

newgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
New verizon number blocking!

I didnt read this whole post so not sure if anyone said this but VERIZON HAS A NEW OPTION TO BLOCK NUMBERS!!!!! You can block 5 numbers for free!!! When a blocked number texts you it will not go through EVER. It will just keep saying, "sending" on their end! When a blocked number tries to call you it says, "Thank you for calling verizon wireless. The number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions which have prevented the completion of you call! hahaha...enjoy! Thank you Verizon...FINALLY!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I didnt read this whole post so not sure if anyone said this but VERIZON HAS A NEW OPTION TO BLOCK NUMBERS!!!!! You can block 5 numbers for free!!! When a blocked number texts you it will not go through EVER. It will just keep saying, "sending" on their end! When a blocked number tries to call you it says, "Thank you for calling verizon wireless. The number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions which have prevented the completion of you call! hahaha...enjoy! Thank you Verizon...FINALLY!

I have been using this feature since last year, don't know why the OP could not use it....

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what Mr. One-Post OP is talking about, but you definitely can, up to five.

I went on there just now to check and make sure, and it's still there.

Unfortunately they expire after 90 days and all blocks will expire Jan 22, 2012. That blows :mad:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Haha, you know, I was actually very excited about this when I read some of the posts in this thread, but now I can't think of who I want to block; 90 days or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has the same thing but it's $5 a month and you can block up to 10, parental controls I believe is the option

newgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Same with Verizon except you can pay $5/month and extend your blocklist up to I think 20...maybe more...I didn't really retain that info because if I need to block more then 5 people I'd just change my number.

I know it sucks that it expires! Well' on the bright side blocking someone who is a pest and won't give up is just a click away!

Also..I have no need for this but you can really drive someone crazy because they cannot reach you at all and you can call and text them all you want.

Last edited:

newgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been using this feature since last year, don't know why the OP could not use it....

Did you have the iphone a year ago when you blocked numbers? My husband tried to block in March and they told us any verizon phone could block calls...EXCEPT the iphone...no exceptions. So, I'm not sure how you could have been using this feature for a year if you had the iphone then. I'm sure I didn't post that info the day they released that feature it but I couldn't find anywhere that said I could. Just thought I'd spread the word. geeez

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you have the iphone a year ago when you blocked numbers? My husband tried to block in March and they told us any verizon phone could block calls...EXCEPT the iphone...no exceptions. So, I'm not sure how you could have been using this feature for a year if you had the iphone then. I'm sure I didn't post that info the day they released that feature it but I couldn't find anywhere that said I could. Just thought I'd spread the word. geeez

I was using my blackberry before, when i switched the list stayed... and for sh and giggles i added my wifes phone to the list yesterday. called my phone and the call did not come through... so yes call blocking does work....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox