Verizon having big announcement Jan 11th in NYC

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure in will make AT&T better in the areas most complained about because the load won't be as great... But I'll be sticking with AT&T myself

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Just because they bring an iPhone to verizon doesn't mean they can't bring a new iPhone 5 months later. And those people who are pissed when iPhone 5 comes out only have themselves to blame because if they took the time to research they'd know not to buy an iPhone until June.

Well... not really. All bets are off since this is new territory Verizon users are in. If you're an AT&T user and want the latest and greatest- it's you're fault if you buy a iPhone 4 now and get upset in June.

Definitely an iPhone 5 will be here in June for AT&T, that much we can say for sure. But it's still all a mystery on the Verizon side. Too many what-ifs, too many questions.

-we don't know what the Verizon iPhone is like yet- is it just a iPhone 4, 4.5, a 5? CDMA? LTE? Does it come in white?
-AT&T and Apple had a 5yr agreement, what happened, were there any concessions made to AT&T? Like iPhone 5 is a AT&T exclusive in 2011?

But at the same time, nobody should be shocked if another Verizon iPhone is announced in June.

I wouldn't be suprised if Verizon/Apple are betting that demand for the Verizon iPhone is so strong and the experience is so good that they can release an iPhone 4 now and an iPhone 5 in June and that any anger will be short-lived and the love will continue for the iPhone. Hell, the iPhone had the price drop fiasco, why EDGE the first time around, 3GS was a lazy cop out, antenna gate, criticism for the glass back, and especially AT&T's lousy service and it's still the smartphone to beat. That says something.

Really, how much damage can a Verizon iPhone 5 in June do? Consumers will whine and ***** for about a month, the tech blogs will be filled with angry rants and "Why I'm leaving the iPhone- the Verizon fiasco" and "Steve Jobs- the Gordon Gekko of Silicon Valley?" editorials. Then life goes on.

Remember, it's far easier to sign up for a phone/service than it is to switch.

Like I said before, this early release of the Verizon iPhone will piss some group of users off. No matter what. Apple and Verizon will get some flak for this.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
When/if VZW gets the iPhone, Android will no longer sell on verizon. I can't tell you how many times a VZ rep has told a customer "this android phone is like the iphone"

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching over to VZW for one simple reason. The 3G coverage for ATT in the midwest is extremely sparse. Take a look at western Wisconsin. There isn't even a peep of 3G being shown. That is where many of the folks will join VZW.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, here AT&T coverage stinks as well. People give up the iPhone reluctantly so they can make phone calls from time to time. It's why I chose an unlocked iPhone. I didn't want to be stuck with a phone which has so poor coverage.

As to people dropping Android at VZW when the iPhone is out, ha. Today Apple is so big that to many it's like IBM once was or MSFT is - the establishment. Android is the upstart going against the big boy of Apple & so many think it heroic to go Android.

I'm sticking to iOS, but gee, I'd sure like to break free of iTunes...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When/if VZW gets the iPhone, Android will no longer sell on verizon. I can't tell you how many times a VZ rep has told a customer "this android phone is like the iphone"

Won't happen. There will still be people who want or like android. they want a physical keyboard. They don't want to be tied in to the Apple eccosystem, don't want itunes etc

and the rep is right. Its a smart phone. It makes calls. It can download apps. It can browse the web, do e-mail, play games. take photos and video. It may not have a shinny Apple logo, but in alll, its just like the iPhone, minus the OS and phsycial appearance.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Agree with the above.

WSJ is now throwing fuel to the fire... I mean reporting that their iPhone will be offered with unlimited data, but they're saying it might be a temporary offer since they want to go to a tiered plan like AT&T.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha... let the catfight begin

AT&T Already Attacking Verizon iPhone: "Not Sure iPhone Users Are Ready For Life In The Slow Lane" (T, VZ, AAPL)

AT&T PR boss Larry Solomon reached out with a statement: "The iPhone is built for speed, but that's not what you get with a CDMA phone. I'm not sure iPhone users are ready for life in the slow lane."

All I have to say to Larry is I'd rather be moving in the slow lane than on the on the shoulder of the fast lane for no apparent reason and unable to call for help with a lemon.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha. Verizon's 4g is as fast as Ethernet cable. If the VZW iPhone is the new 4G from Verizon, it'll blow anything AT&T has out of the water. It will be costly but if Verizon is savvy, it'll offer a super discount price for the first 6 months & swamp AT&T.

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I think it is overall a good thing. Choice is good. Having competition is good as well. Competition is what drives innovation. Android wouldn't be around if it weren't for the iPhone. iPhone wouldn't have to make significant improvements if there weren't challengers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73