My rant regarding AT&T and the iPhone 4

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided to upgrade to the iPhone 4 so I called Friday morning at 11:52am and ordered it over the phone with AT&T. They wanted a 150.00 deposit which I thought was stupid because my account has always been on good terms but whatever, I paid it. So she then told me that I need to wait for an e-mail to accept the TOS that Apple provides. Their system generates this e-mail and once I accept the TOS in this e-mail is when my order will be processed and they will ship the phone. She said this e-mail is sent with in 24 hours. So this morning, I checked and no e-mail. Called around 1pm and was told that "hm, it should have sent out..I don't know why it didnt". I thought maybe because its a Saturday but they said it still should have. So the gentlemen looked more into it and he could not figure it out and tried with his supervisor, with no luck. So I was then told to wait until Monday night, if I don't get anything by Monday night to call back.

I have no patience. On top of it all, Im pretty sure I'm gonna be waiting another week once my order is processed. It just pisses me off that I have to wait for this stupid e-mail to accept their TOS...Why not do it over the phone and make it easier and quicker? UGH!!

Sorry, I needed to rant!

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn, to be completely honest, I did not think of that. GR. The other thing I'm starting to believe is a lie is the CS rep said once I accept those TOS, they will ship my phone the next day. I'm under the impression still the iPhone 4 is still on back order..

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
@brettxw that really sucks! Do you have an Apple store near by? I would just go and deal with them. It sounds like a major run around with AT&T.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What TOS? Why not just go into the store? I know a few people in the last 2 weeks who have walked into an AT&T store and gotten an iPhone 4.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Nearest one is an hour away. I already paid for this one through AT&T. I'm going to wait till tomorrow and if I have not gotten this "e-mail" then I am going to cancel the order and just go to the Apple store myself like you guys suggested.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Also going into a store and walking out with a box solves the above issue as well, and a rep gets a little more money to feed him or herself. Nice trade-off.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They wanted a 150.00 deposit which I thought was stupid because my account has always been on good terms but whatever, I paid it.

The deposit is mostly used for those who have had credit problems in the past or a limited credit history. $150 is a lot more reasonable then what they wanted me to pay - $500 (note I have pretty much no credit history. Just a checking account) so your lucky you had to pay that much.

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The deposit is mostly used for those who have had credit problems in the past or a limited credit history. $150 is a lot more reasonable then what they wanted me to pay - $500 (note I have pretty much no credit history. Just a checking account) so your lucky you had to pay that much.

Crap, so without a credit history, I'll have to shell out $500 for a deposit :eek:

Or are the rules different for students? ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro