Verizon iPhone... Employee said it's coming

l1ghtn1ng

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
This isn't any big news sorry if it's wasting time. But I recently went with a friend to a Verizon store in Southern California. She went in because her current phone (enV 3) was acting up.

While we were there the guy noticed my friend could get an upgrade and was trying to push a Droid on her. She said she was fine with her phone and the Droid just wasn't her thing, the employee then said that the regional manager was in the store the other day and told him the iPhone is coming out in January so if she didn't like a Droid she could wait til then.

Now she never said she wanted an iPhone or said anything about switching to AT&T the employee just randomly told us that. Even though this news isn't from a reliable source I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Ha, this bring back memories from Crackberry.com. I will believe the rumors when I see a leaked prototype or some solid documentation. Thus far, the rumors keep coming from the same source who is an analyst. He has speculated several times and has been wrong each time. We'll see in January I guess.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't see it happening... and there's a story on Twitter and TiPb front page that says Apple is negotiating with T-Mobile to bring the iPhone to them. T-Mobile has a lot going for it... it's GSM (despite different 3G frequency - and who's to say that the 1700mHz frequency isn't already in the current iPhone4?), it is owned by Deutsch Telekomm which already offers the iPhone in several countries...

Verizon stores are always bagging on the iPhone, pushing their current selection of android devices...

I don't have any specific knowledge of any future deals, but my money is on VZW NOT seeing the iPhone anytime soon. #justsaying

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This isn't any big news sorry if it's wasting time. But I recently went with a friend to a Verizon store in Southern California. She went in because her current phone (enV 3) was acting up.

While we were there the guy noticed my friend could get an upgrade and was trying to push a Droid on her. She said she was fine with her phone and the Droid just wasn't her thing, the employee then said that the regional manager was in the store the other day and told him the iPhone is coming out in January so if she didn't like a Droid she could wait til then.

Now she never said she wanted an iPhone or said anything about switching to AT&T the employee just randomly told us that. Even though this news isn't from a reliable source I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

Oh sales people, they sure will say anything.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
A low level employee like a regional manager thinks he has inside knowledge? Muahahahahahaha. Hell when the original iPhone came out, most of AT&T's top brass had never seen it. Even some top Apple brass was out of the loop.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to agree. Some regional manager for VZW has no clue what's going on with regards to information such as this.

On a brighter note I heard Boost Mobile is getting the iPhone next month?!?! lol

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A low level employee like a regional manager thinks he has inside knowledge? Muahahahahahaha. Hell when the original iPhone came out, most of AT&T's top brass had never seen it. Even some top Apple brass was out of the loop.

I've got to agree with you 100% here.

On a brighter note I heard Boost Mobile is getting the iPhone next month?!?! lol

lulz :p

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My neighbor who once met a guy that was married to someone who once had dinner with a janitor at a Verizon store told me the iPhone wasn't going to be available on Verizon until 2020.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Blah blah blah...we'll see. The more this rumor (and I mean, complete RUMOR) pops up, the less I'm inclined to believe it. Sometimes people will a story because they want it to happen. I am not what you'd call an AT&T fan, but although Verizon's voice network is second to none in the US, I want my simultaneous voice and data, and CDMA2000 doesn't allow it. If LTE would allow it, I'd consider a purchase of said handset in 2013 or 2014, once the network is given time to spread and deploy.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
AT&T giving away free MicroCells to keep customers. I think that is the biggest indication yet that AT&T will not be the exclusive seller much longer.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
AT&T giving away free MicroCells to keep customers. I think that is the biggest indication yet that AT&T will not be the exclusive seller much longer.

LOL thats you reason as to why it won't be exclusive? Micro Cells? Um guy, they offer those to off load the bandwidth on the network, no offense, but dumbest link I ever heard to "exclusivity" rumors, no offense but Micro Cells have no indication....

Also ummm, its been like 4 years, ain't going to VZW anytime soon.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
LOL thats you reason as to why it won't be exclusive? Micro Cells? Um guy, they offer those to off load the bandwidth on the network, no offense, but dumbest link I ever heard to "exclusivity" rumors, no offense but Micro Cells have no indication....

Also ummm, its been like 4 years, ain't going to VZW anytime soon.

No offense, but D'uh! I know what a MicroCell does. But what is AT&T biggest problem? Poor reception. I didn't get reception this good at home even with Verizon. Why would they be giving away something they were charging $150 for free. No offense, but yours and mine are just two of millions of opinions. No offense.

P.S. Ever hear of grammer? No offense. :)

Last edited:

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
No offense, but D'uh! I know what a MicroCell does. But what is AT&T biggest problem? Poor reception. I didn't get reception this good at home even with Verizon. Why would they be giving away something they were charging $150 for free. No offense, but yours and mine are just two of millions of opinions. No offense.

P.S. Ever hear of grammer? No offense.

I've heard of grammar, but i tend not to use on the interwebs....and yes, the idea of Microcells is simply dumb man, now I mean to offend. I was getting offered Microcells for free for 1year now, has nothing to do with their exclusivity, maybe had you said them raising the ETF is a good sign, but your microcell theory is truly retarded..OH please check my grammar again, thanks :p

You can't criticize someone who doesn't use proper grammar if you can't spell the word yourself. Try again.

Exactly, pot....meet kettle :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods