Wished you hadn't gotten rid of that unlimited AT&T data plan?

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is "quietly" allowing those of us who had previously had the $30 unlimited plan with them before the iPhone 4 launch to go back to it!

I called AT&T and asked if they planned to ever offer it again now that Verizon was going to launch with their own unlimited data?

They didn't even hesitate to offer to put all 5 of my iPhone on my family plan back on to the $30 unlimited plan!

It was nice, considering that all of our phones were on the 2GB Data Pro plan, this was nice to get back!

If you have an iPhone 4, call AT&T!

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
i imagine AT&T will also still charge for any overages over the original plan as well

will be fun to watch the fallout from this

Its their loophole and they have yet to close it (as of 2/28/11, anyway). If they were that concerned they would have put an end to it by now. I don't think they can do anything about once its done. Its a legitimate method, albeit sneaky.;)

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have unlimited because I dont want to be in handcuffs. It is rather liberating.

I have to agree, but I might be going with that mobile hotspot for the extra $15 with the 4GB cap. This offers a better option with a greater cap. Being that I really don't want to jailbreak my phone for the hotspot.

kingdavidfive

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish I didn't get rid of it I switched to sprint for a month hated it came back to AT&T but they wasn't able to open back up my old account and now I'm stuck with the 2gb but I prolly gonna end up getting the tethering plan since I got the iPad 2

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If anyone that has done the iPhone 2g method has one they are willing to sell, please PM me. I am willing to buy so I can do the same. Thanks

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
That is interesting. I am curious, however, if anyone that did give up the unlimited plan regrets it. Perhaps due to unexpected higher data usage on the iP4. Anyone have regrets? I kept my unlimited, but I have a feeling I will soon switch to 2GB or even 200mb (despite getting 20% off of unlimited or 2Gb, and not 200mb).

If you're still monitoring, do you still feel this way?

I am paying $30 a month for unlimited and $25 for my iPad data plan. I am thinking of switching to the 4GB Hotspot plan (saving $10 a month) and using that for data for my iPad. I never go over 1GB on either device.

My only question is how well the Hotspot works?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR