Wished you hadn't gotten rid of that unlimited AT&T data plan?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i imagine AT&T will also still charge for any overages over the original plan as well

will be fun to watch the fallout from this

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
That is interesting. I am curious, however, if anyone that did give up the unlimited plan regrets it. Perhaps due to unexpected higher data usage on the iP4. Anyone have regrets? I kept my unlimited, but I have a feeling I will soon switch to 2GB or even 200mb (despite getting 20% off of unlimited or 2Gb, and not 200mb).

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Switched to the 2GB as soon as it became an option and haven't looked back. With free wifi everywhere these days, I find it very hard to go over that limit.

iregret

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for the netflix app. Let's see the data usage then. Now if the app let's you cash the flix for a few days that's a different story. Streaming at home and watching on the go? Sounds good to me.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that its out on the blogosphere AT&T will certainly be looking for it. Seriously I feel a 2GB cap is a joke especially since you cannot tether to an iPad with your iPhone. Luckily for me I have the full data plan with my iPhone an decided tethering just wasn't worth it.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Switched to the 2GB as soon as it became an option and haven't looked back. With free wifi everywhere these days, I find it very hard to go over that limit.

...and you saved a measly $5 a month for your efforts or more should you go over by chance. I don't think $5 a month savings is worth giving up my unlimited plan.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had unlimited data from the moment I had a smartphone. I don't think I've ever
even approachaed a gig. I use WiFi plenty on my iPhone and even if I didn't I don't
think I'd come close to 1 gig even.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
...and you saved a measly $5 a month for your efforts or more should you go over by chance. I don't think $5 a month savings is worth giving up my unlimited plan.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Even if I don't come close to the 2GB threshold, a $5 savings is not enough to make me want to switch from the unlimited plan.

Tanz

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree.

Even if I don't come close to the 2GB threshold, a $5 savings is not enough to make me want to switch from the unlimited plan.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I really think I could stay under 2GB with wireless at home and work and everywhere in between but you never know.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my iPhone 4 for 10 days, and I'm already at about 1 GB usage...that extrapolates to about 3 GB for the month...glad I kept my unlimited plan! :D

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I'll NEVER let go of my unlimited plan. Although I have WiFi at the office, the 3G speeds are faster then our T1 most times. I only use WiFi when at home. I'm around 3-4GB each month for my own usage. My wife's iPhone is on WiFi 90% of the time because she's a stay at home mom so it's just easier for her to use the WiFi. I'm curious what her usage will be when she's in Florida for a week visiting her mom though. Her mom's got wireless but doesn't know how to get her iPhone on it and is too bullheaded to listen to me tell her how to do it.

d23perry#IM

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Though the thread was targeted to those who may have gave up their unlimited data plan, this information is also helpful for those who may have recently signed up with AT&T.

I can confirm that the instructions does work. I recently purchased an iPhone 4 and was limited to the 2GB data plan. I purchased an iPhone 2G from craigslist and followed the instructions in the first post and I now have unlimited data. The only downside is I'm stuck with an iPhone 2G. However, that's a decent trade-off for unlimited data.

Thanks for the info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit