Insane Unrecognized Data Usage

Rascals

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys-

My name is Michael and I am new to the forums.

I have never been a been a checker of data usage until the recent AT&T data changes. Since then I have been checking it every day just to see what my usage is.

I just got the email back from AT&T. But before I copy and paste the letter, some background information. I work 13 hours a day 6 days a week. When I am at work I am working so it is not like I am on my iPhone all day, but with wifi that shouldn't matter anyway.

On the seventh day which is Sunday I am off and I usually sleep 14-15 hours because I am so tired from my work week. I am not on my iPhone alot, but every day it seems like it creeps up 50 MB without fail. I do not use You Tube, nor do I stream. I do use Twitter and Facebook alot and check the news and tech sites.

Your thoughts? Especially with the new plans they say they are trying to help people, but are they trying to make more money off us instead? I consider myself a light to medium user.

Thank you for your time and thoughts, this seems like a heck of a lot of usage but it may just be me...

Michael
@rascalsbarbers

> From: AT&T Email Customer Care for Wireless
> Date: June 9, 2010 3:43:16 PM MDT
> To:
> Subject: Re: Wireless from AT&T Customer Email - Southeast - [CUST] (KMM24809614V19791L0KM)
>
> Dear Mr. Russell,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding the over 350MB of data usage showing on your account after seven days, when you use WiFi 13 hours a day 6 days a week. My name is Susan Whiting, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.
>
> Our records do confirm that the current data usage is over 350MB at this time. Our network tracks only the amount of data used on our network. We cannot see any usage while you are on WiFi. The iPhone is a very rich, data centric, device. Even accessing the 3G or EDGE data networks for a short amount of time can transfer large amounts of data.
>
> Mr. Russell, I hope that the information provided has been helpful and has resolved all of your questions. Should you have additional concerns or questions about this issue please reply to this email. If you need to contact us again regarding a new issue please send us another email via the contact link through your online account. Again, my name is Susan Whiting, and I thank you for being a valued AT&T customer for many years. We will do our best to ensure that your wireless experience is a success.
>
> I encourage you to visit our web site Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans - Wireless from AT&T) often to view current and previous monthly statements, make payments and to shop for new product and service offerings.
>
>
> Sincerely,

Susan Whiting
AT&T
Online Customer Care Professional

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member