iPhone 4 Pre-order and AT&T $18 upgrade fee?

djkilla

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm not under contract so I'm completely eligible for the new iPhone 4.

If I pre-order the new iPhone 4, will it be mailed to me or do I have the option to pick it up at the store?

Do I pre-order through AT&T or Apple store?

Is there any delay getting the iPhone if I pre-order?

Will I have to pay the AT&T $18 upgrade fee on top of the total cost of the iPhone?

KEROmel

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
I've never paid an $18 upgrade fee and i think its pretty ridiculous to be charged on top of signing another contract.

Mittens the kittens

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Two things occur when you walk into a store and upgrade(in reference to the upgrade fee)
A. You have a FAN(Foundation Account Number) attached to your account that provides you with a discount. For example I work at a pharmacy and i get 21% off my bill and my upgrade fee gets waived for me. This will be different on a case to case basis for the company you work for. So when i walk in an upgrade to the shiny new iphone 4 i will pay for the price of the phone and not pay an upgrade fee.
B. You do not have a discount on your account and you will pay for the cost of the phone and the $18 upgrade fee. While you are there ask your friendly sales rep what kind of discount you get for (Input job here), they will tell you either get a discount and what you get or that there is not a discount.

Hope this helps

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm not under contract so I'm completely eligible for the new iPhone 4.

If I pre-order the new iPhone 4, will it be mailed to me or do I have the option to pick it up at the store?

Do I pre-order through AT&T or Apple store?

Is there any delay getting the iPhone if I pre-order?

Will I have to pay the AT&T $18 upgrade fee on top of the total cost of the iPhone?

If you pre-order via Apple's web site it will be delivered to you.

AT&T has not announced a pre-order.

No, order it on June 15th and you will get it on June 24th.

If you are not a AT&T customer you will have to pay a $36 activation fee not a upgrade fee.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've never paid an $18 upgrade fee and i think its pretty ridiculous to be charged on top of signing another contract.

If you were not due for an upgrade and they bumped you up for that cheaper price there should be no complaining about $18. Pay $600+ or $299.... hmmm ;)

khartley

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Confused on the cost!

OK, so when I check on the cost via the text message, I get the response "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee." Does this mean that if I go for the same level of phone (32 GB in my case), it will cost me a grand total of $18 to get the iPhone 4? Or is there more to the story?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
OK, so when I check on the cost via the text message, I get the response "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee." Does this mean that if I go for the same level of phone (32 GB in my case), it will cost me a grand total of $18 to get the iPhone 4? Or is there more to the story?

$299+$18

they never said FREE iPhone Upgrade

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711