Sprint to Get iPhone to?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I will only go to a carrier that can use both data and voice at the same time. I do think all providers should get it in the US however. One day they will, now that Sprint is also looking into LTE.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I just vomited in my mouth thanks to the title of this thread.

I do not forsee Sprint getting the iPhone.

Yes sprint is looking into LTE and yes they have some markets with 4G but frankly they have spotty at best service so much of the country that there is no way that Jobs would go for it. Oh wait... :)

munan

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
More likely than Verizon, less likely than T-Mobile.
Again, CDMA would require all new hardware and I just don't see Verizon since a major selling point of the iPhone is how much you can do at the same time. i.e. data and voice simultaneously. Sprint supports that, but so does T-Mobile, and since at&t and T-Mobile share the same tech, it's a matter of popping in a new SIM and you're golden.
Verizon has bad-mouthed the iPhone and Apple too much. They'll never see it. NEVER.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
More likely than Verizon, less likely than T-Mobile.
Again, CDMA would require all new hardware and I just don't see Verizon since a major selling point of the iPhone is how much you can do at the same time. i.e. data and voice simultaneously. Sprint supports that, but so does T-Mobile, and since at&t and T-Mobile share the same tech, it's a matter of popping in a new SIM and you're golden.
Verizon has bad-mouthed the iPhone and Apple too much. They'll never see it. NEVER.

None of what you said is really accurate. First there are already CDMA iPhones that have been made, most likely for the China market. Second ATT and TMO are both GSM but TMO's is much different then what ATT is using, that is why an unlocked iPhone can only use EDGE when used on TMO.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@iquinn
China Unicom uses W-CDMA which is actually more similar to GSM than CDMA, despite the name.

I wouldn't count out Apple's willingness to make a CDMA iPhone however, because they originally went to Verizon, so obviously they don't care that much about simultaneous voice and data. If Verizon offers them what they want they will do it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone who believes that there isn't a stateside CDMA phone in the Apple labs is a fool. Remember, this is the same company that had been working on an Intel OS X version for several years before announcing it.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
If it does, it will make Android OS seem like small fish in a big pond, it will be the biggest sell in Verizon and sprint. Nothing would stop them!! You might see apple come out with other Iphones as well.

Just my thoughts:)

KC

cameront19

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This is probably just me, but I would honestly rather see it go Sprint than Verizon. Sprint has a bigger presence in my area than Verizon (Corbin - Lexington, Kentucky). And not to mention, I'm tired of hearing all of my Verizon friends try and tell me how much better their iPhones will be than mine. But then again, I'd like to see the iPhone nuke the Android rivals on their own carriers. Wow, I guess I'm kind of on the fence then?

alexhasfun28

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys who are Sprint haters are pathetic. I mean, they're NOT that bad? Faster speeds than Verizon & T-Mobile, rate plans are good, and coverage is better than AT&T's. And they have america's 4G deployed! Yeah, it may only be in 32 markets, but its better than nothing & way ahead of any other carrier in America!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I really still dont see the big deal if all the companies carried the iPhone. Let everyone have it, it's just a phone. Yes a great phone, but whats the fuss ya know? Hell, I love my iPhone but if OS4.0 and the new iPhone dont blow me a away, Palm Pre here I come, or Droid, they're all fun phones people! But whats the fuss, I hope Verizon gets it, and Sprint, Boost Mobile, anything, just get it in peoples hands

darrinpruitt

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Been talking to Sprint

I have been comparing Sprint to ATT. I have been with ATT since 1998 and I love their service.:) A dropped call here and there does not bother me. It has not been excessive in years. Customer Service at ATT has been overall pretty good. :) I love the iPhone and have had everyone since 2007. I have an iPad and Macbooks in my home.

But, with Sprint I could save $100 per month. Scary :eek:to say the least to switch but I would most likely switch if Apple and Sprint got together. I could deal with one at a time voice and data. And according to their maps which include Verizon + Sprint =coverage I think I would be okay. At least I would have 30 days, no obligation to find out.

cjthebest

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think the iPhone is one of the coolest phones on the market. Unfortunately, it is locked to only one carrier. It is only available to 25% of the U.S. market (unless someone switches), on the other hand, Android is available on all four of the carriers, that is how they are getting so many new users. I sure hope Apple and AT&T end this soon or else the iPhone could be in trouble.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I concur

I have been comparing Sprint to ATT. I have been with ATT since 1998 and I love their service.:) A dropped call here and there does not bother me. It has not been excessive in years. Customer Service at ATT has been overall pretty good. :) I love the iPhone and have had everyone since 2007. I have an iPad and Macbooks in my home.

But, with Sprint I could save $100 per month. Scary :eek:to say the least to switch but I would most likely switch if Apple and Sprint got together. I could deal with one at a time voice and data. And according to their maps which include Verizon + Sprint =coverage I think I would be okay. At least I would have 30 days, no obligation to find out.

Yeah I,m at work and home most of the day and they both have wifi so with CDMA you can still get voice with data. I have been with ATT since 99, and the iphone since 07, but saving some dollars with sprint including navigation, nfl, etc it would be better. They would allow hot spot and thethering I bet.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'll chuckle a little when Steve says there is one more thing at WWDC, the iPhone is coming to a second carrier in the US.....everyone will go silent waiting to explode at his announcment....Tmobile! Then sighs in the room.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you imagine if Apple came out with a whole line of new iPhone devices..
Say 3 models..

A keyboard model, the one we've seen leaked, and a consumer-friendly, colourful iPod nano-style model... Hahaha..

And on all four carriers?

Apple would slaughter Android in sales. No doubt about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW