Sprint to Get iPhone to?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you imagine if Apple came out with a whole line of new iPhone devices..
Say 3 models..

A keyboard model, the one we've seen leaked, and a consumer-friendly, colourful iPod nano-style model... Hahaha..

And on all four carriers?

Apple would slaughter Android in sales. No doubt about it.

That is just not going to happen. It goes against all that Apple stands for from a design standpoint to even think about doing an iPhone with a physical keyboard. The thing that makes the iPhone truly great is that is has a simple and elegant form factor and a simple and elegant UI. The only thing that Apple needs to do to whoop Android is launch on VZW, if that ever takes place Android is in real trouble.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
iquinn,
I know it's not going to happen, I'm just saying if it did happen Android wouldn't stand a chance. A lot of users still feel that they need a physical keyboard, or want a certain colour :p..

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
iquinn,
I know it's not going to happen, I'm just saying if it did happen Android wouldn't stand a chance. A lot of users still feel that they need a physical keyboard, or want a certain colour :p..

The color thing I agree with you on for sure, I think that is something that Apple may very well do in the future, think about the iMacs when they first came out in all those different colors, that was something that got a lot of people to buy one.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It certainly did, but Apple doesn't need that attention for the iPhone. The iPhone is already incredibly buzz-worthy. I think they'd have to introduce a new type of iPhone to have colours, a smaller, more consumer-oriented device. Apple doesn't want their baby to look cheap and toy-like. Look at the iPod classic, Apple would never put that iPod in coloured variants.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the iPhone going to Sprint, well at least not right now. I hate VZW but if the iPhone goes to them then Android can kiss their asses goodbye thats for sure. Everyone I know at work with a Droid device only has it because they are on VZW and they don't want AT&T. I can bet a LOT of people with Droid devices have the same feeling. I actually hope now that the iPhone does go to VZW and crushes Droids on their own "homecourt".

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I stuck with Sprint for the past couple years with the hopes that the iPhone would make its way over but that is looking more and more unrealistic with each passing day.

At this point I don't see Apple taking the time to make a CDMA version of the iPhone. Ther's also the fact that 4G cellular technology is upon us and Sprint is pretty much the only major US cellular provider who is using Clearwire as their 4G provider (everybody else is going with LTE).

I figured I may as well jump ship to AT&T now since I don't really care much for any other cell provider.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Maybe it's because I'm 37.... but do you guys remember when everybody didn't own something Apple? I kind of miss those days. It's great for Apple and their investors, but I miss the exclusivity that once came with being an Apple user. I guess my point is, I don't really wanna see the iPhone on all 4 carriers.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm 37.... but do you guys remember when everybody didn't own something Apple? I kind of miss those days. It's great for Apple and their investors, but I miss the exclusivity that once came with being an Apple user. I guess my point is, I don't really wanna see the iPhone on all 4 carriers.

Hey Im 37 too.....
So basically you wanna be like that kid with a bag of candy that will only share with those living next door while the rest of neighbour kids have to drool ? :p:cool:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hey Im 37 too.....
So basically you wanna be like that kid with a bag of candy that will only share with those living next door while the rest of neighbour kids have to drool ? :p:cool:

Haha! Yeah, I'm an a** like that. Well when it comes to Apple anyway.:D

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Im 37 too.....

ht
tp://ww
w.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8]YouTube - 1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial

(remove spaces)

Funny how they are heading into the completely opposite direction now eh?-

mpafr012#AC

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
None of what you said is really accurate. First there are already CDMA iPhones that have been made, most likely for the China market. Second ATT and TMO are both GSM but TMO's is much different then what ATT is using, that is why an unlocked iPhone can only use EDGE when used on TMO.

Not quite, TMO uses a different frequency for it's 3G than AT&T. GSM is GSM.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
From my sources who have been right about pretty much everything to date.. It would be Verizon who would get it, if anyone other than AT&T.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
From my sources who have been right about pretty much everything to date.. It would be Verizon who would get it, if anyone other than AT&T.

The Internet?
smilielol.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2