Help switching to AT&T

tacony

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Since its looking that Verizon won't be getting the iphone until 2012. I was thinking of switching to at&t.few questions.

1.i live in philly and hear that iphone experiences a lot of dropped and missed calls?
2. want to port my verizon cell#, but the contract isn't up until next year.Any advice?
3. what is the cheapest i can get for a monthly service with taxes?don't use many talk minutes.

thanks

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to port your number over no problem, but I am guessing that VZW will make you pay some kind of ETF fee. As for coverage you need to look at a coverage map in your area or talk to some people that have ATT there to see what they say about it. No matter what plan you go with your going to pay at least 65-70 a month for Data and Voice and there is not an option to have a voice only plan with ATT.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My plan and monthly bill is as follows:

450 Anytime Minutes
5000 Night/Weekend Minutes
Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (AT&T to AT&T)
Rollover
Unlimited Data
No texting plan

Tax, Title, License, Government Kickbacks, The Right to Breath Fee Total:

$80.22/mo

Of course, state and local taxes will vary in Philly but this should give you a good estimate.

tacony

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My plan and monthly bill is as follows:

450 Anytime Minutes
5000 Night/Weekend Minutes
Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (AT&T to AT&T)
Rollover
Unlimited Data
No texting plan

Tax, Title, License, Government Kickbacks, The Right to Breath Fee Total:

$80.22/mo

Of course, state and local taxes will vary in Philly but this should give you a good estimate.

what do you do about texting?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It's another $20 extra a month for unlimited texting, so I used BeeJeiveIM app instead. It's an all-in-one instant messaging app compatible with AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, etc. I can also send SMS out and can receive SMS from sent text.

Most everybody I keep in contact is this manor uses AIM anyway and is also work related. So texting is irrelevant to me. If I want to talk to a friend, I'll call them. :p

Jaedde

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Two weeks ago I had an Android phone through Sprint. The phone couldn't even function! Every app would "force close" and I had to do battery pulls three times a day. Needless to say, I cancelled my Sprint contract -- early termination fee was $200 -- WAY worth the fee for switching the iPhone. Before I switched, I had heard that AT&T was notorious for dropping calls. I ported my number over to AT&T from Sprint (with no problems at all) and I have yet to have a call drop! I plan to recover my $200 Sprint termination fee by selling my 3-month-old Android phone on ebay! Best decision ever was to get an iPhone!

tacony

May 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info. couple of more question.

Since i can't port my verizon cell# because my contract with verizon isn't up until the end of the year, I was wondering if I can just forward verizon cell# to my new at&t#? How long can i do this and when you forward a number would they be able to leave a voicemail on at&t or would it be on verizon?

I guess I should wait until they release the new iphone in june.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
So you are going to keep the old phone and pay verizon every month? Why not just terminate the Verizon line, pay the $150 fee or whatever it is to break the contract and move the number to ATT?

Jaedde

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So you are going to keep the old phone and pay verizon every month? Why not just terminate the Verizon line, pay the $150 fee or whatever it is to break the contract and move the number to ATT?

That's exactly what I did -- paid Sprint the $200 fee for early termination. If you were to keep Verizon till your contract is up, I would think it would be easy to forward calls from your Verizon number to the new AT&T number though.

mpafr012#AC

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the info. couple of more question.

Since i can't port my verizon cell# because my contract with verizon isn't up until the end of the year, I was wondering if I can just forward verizon cell# to my new at&t#? How long can i do this and when you forward a number would they be able to leave a voicemail on at&t or would it be on verizon?

I guess I should wait until they release the new iphone in june.

Who said you can't port your number? Active contract doesn't matter.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Your correct, once the number is ported to AT&T it will cancel ur VZW service. Sell ur Android phone to cover ur ETF, problem solved.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Since its looking that Verizon won't be getting the iphone until 2012. I was thinking of switching to at&t.few questions.

1.i live in philly and hear that iphone experiences a lot of dropped and missed calls?
2. want to port my verizon cell#, but the contract isn't up until next year.Any advice?
3. what is the cheapest i can get for a monthly service with taxes?don't use many talk minutes.

thanks

1. i live in Philly too and what u heard is bull***t :D

2. wait for contract to be up or pay the cancellation fee and port your #

3. $40 for talk, $30 for Data, and $20 for SMS = $90 + $10? for taxes and fees = $100 give or take a buck or two :D

good luck!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73