AT&T Service - kinda sucks so far!!!

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Ok, I made the jump even willing to pay the $200 eft fee from jumping from T-Mobile to AT&T, but since Monday I have not experienced so many dropped calls in my life. Not even when I was with Sprint. I know I am an iPhone person because I keep coming back. Could it be the fact that my phone is jailbroken that I'm getting so many dropped calls. I mean it's excessive. I was talking to my brother an hr or so ago and within a ten minute span 3 dropped calls. When I was with T-Mobile I can't recall even getting one dropped call. I REALLY LOVE THE IPHONE and I made the switch to experience the complete iPhone experience with 3G and like everyone else, I'm eagerly waiting to see if Apple will release a new iPhone this year.

Does anyone else experience these dropped call issues with At&t? Should I go into the AT&T store?

Please help, any advice is welcome.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I feel so bad for you guys on AT&T. My iPhone service couldn't be better on Rogers.

My advice to you is try going without the jailbreak for a while, even though being jailbroken does not effect my reception at all. If the reception is really that bad you should try and return your phone and cancel your contract while you can, unless the iPhone platform is really worth that much to you.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any "fixes" for dropped call problems. Good luck though.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
No. I don't have dropped calls on AT&T, at least not like you described it. The last dropped call I had was a year or so ago. Definitely not a problem. But then, it would help if you would include where you are. Maybe it's a problem with your area.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
I feel so bad for you guys on AT&T.

Don't. It's "cool" to bash AT&T even though they aren't as bad as everyone wants them to be. Their coverage in California and New York is beyond horrible, but coverage in Atlanta, for example, is top-notch. I get 3G coverage everywhere I go on a regular basis, so I don't need anyone to feel bad for me. AT&T has been excellent.

Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile all have their own coverage problems, but no one seems to bother bashing them. If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the people that got a Palm Pre on Sprint. Two struggling companies for the price of one! What a deal!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
No. I don't have dropped calls on AT&T, at least not like you described it. The last dropped call I had was a year or so ago. Definitely not a problem. But then, it would help if you would include where you are. Maybe it's a problem with your area.

You make calls? On an iPhone? On AT&T? Will wonders never cease.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Don't. It's "cool" to bash AT&T even though they aren't as bad as everyone wants them to be. Their coverage in California and New York is beyond horrible, but coverage in Atlanta, for example, is top-notch. I get 3G coverage everywhere I go on a regular basis, so I don't need anyone to feel bad for me. AT&T has been excellent.

Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile all have their own coverage problems, but no one seems to bother bashing them. If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the people that got a Palm Pre on Sprint. Two struggling companies for the price of one! What a deal!
In San Francisco I got five bars and the 3G icon. I just could not do data apps.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Living just outside of a major city in the south and I have absolutely no problems. I can't even remember the last time I dropped a call. Sprint's reliability seems to be an issue in my area.

It's quite obvious that different people are going to have different experiences with AT&T, depending on where you live. People shouldn't blindly jump to another carrier because a new phone or whatever. Do your homework first.:cool:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, i'm 30mi south of Louisville and AT&T blankets my sort of rural area with 3G...its solid with faster speeds. Sprint does too but its voice has always been flaky. I know almost every area where my Sprint call is guaranteed to drop or get choppy. So though AT&T is more expensive, at least i get what i pay for.

Surprisingly, verizon doesn't even offer service in my area.

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Sign me up as another person who has had nothing but top notch service from AT&T ever since I signed up with them 8 years ago when they were still Cingular.

An excessive amount of dropped calls sounds more like an equipment or sim card issue.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's a funny one - the last time I experienced dropped calls it turned out to be the landline I was calling. My mother kept blaming me, my iPhone, and AT&T. Boy was she sorry when she experienced the same thing two hours later talking to her brother landline to landline! (She has now replaced her phone with a model that hasn't been hanging on the kitchen wall for 25 years.)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Southern California. AT&T coverage for me is generally great. The only times I have had problems are in big groups of people ( concerts for example ) down in Hollywood. The bulk of the time I am on 3G with 4+ bars. I do get dropped calls here and there, but there are some spotty areas around the base of some mountains here that both my gf and I drive by regularly and that's usually where the drops occur.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen anything from the OP but I second the notion of removing the JB from the phone for about a week or if you have an old phone pop the SIM in and see if you continue to have the reception problems wihtout the JB or on another OEM phone. If you still continue to have problems talk to AT&T and see if they can give you some info on why or how long until service gets better. If reception is fine then redo your JB because maybe something got screwy in the process. I don't think AT&T is fully to blame but they are just now the official scapegoat so if there is a glimmer of a problem their name rolls of the tongue immediately. However I'm not from the US so what do I know :D

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone before doing the switch, that's why I switched over. I've had friends that had AT&T service with no problems. Someone mentioned that it could be a bad sim card, I'm going to take my phone in tomorrow to see if that helps. I really love my iPhone and place the phone above all others and really don't want another cell phone. So, I'll give it another week or so at lease until the time that eft is due with T-Mobile. The last time I checked I had a call drop when I had 5 bars, which is somewhat weird to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR