Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

20 Posts

Default Christmas miracle?

New user here. Had to share my joy.

Last night while relaxing on my no reception couch I noticed that I had 5 bars on my phone. This could not be. I do not receive a signal anywhere in my house unless I am in a corner by the window, I thought. Hmmm, must be stuck. So I restarted only to find that I had 5 bars again. Went through the entire house and much to my dismay I had no less than 5. So I started making calls and it was like a dream. I cried a little. After using the "Mark the Spot" app and adding notes to it to "please help me, I am standing out in the snow and 30 degree weather", could it have had an impact? I would like to think that the app helped although they probably upgraded in my area. I hope that it is not a fluke. Only time will tell.

fwiw, my phone is jailbroken and the only app that I added yesterday before noticing the signal boost is Proswitcher. Other than my house I had no problem with AT&T service or reception so if my house is covered I have no reason to leave for another provider.

Anyone else have improved service anywhere?

Merry Christmas, AT&T and to all who read this. *tear*
    Last edited by POP3Y3; 12-23-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    iPhone Newbie

13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

well in the UK O2 did some stupid update thing and all of there data, visual voicemail and MMS switched off for hours so no lol
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me december last year. I had no 3G service at my house for the first 6 months I had my iPhone 3G. Woke up one morning and picked up my iPhone and it said it had full 3G signal, in the basement of all places, where before I only got a few bars of EDGE. Just like you I thought it was fake so I reset my iPhone but the bars remained.

For the next few days 3G came and went, about a week later it was constant every where I went in my home city. Another week later I checked the AT&T coverage map and what was once a 3G dead zone was now totally covered.

AT&T might have just expanded to cover you.
    iPhone Pro

705 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

Good Cell Signal. Truly the spirit of christmas *tear*