at&t 4g

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
When apple eventually does implement their 4g, will the current 3gs support it or will a new iPhone have to be released? Thanks

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
it's not that Apple doesn't want money, it's that only within the past few months have chipsets capable of LTE been available to put in a phone.

since the 3gs and 3g were both designed before this point how do you expect them to have supported something that didn't exist?

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
definately need a new phone. and i don't honestly think apple will put out a phone that will work on LTE this early as AT&T is probably gonna start rolling it out officially until 2011.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple has nothing to do about the network. Lay fault at AT&T for getting the iPhone and then getting slammed with much more data usage than they anticipated.

When AT&T finally has a full 4G network, you'll have to buy a phone that supports that, the iPhones (2G/3G/3GS) do not have a radio that can connect to those towers, so you'll need a new device once that happens.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
and 4G....when do u think that will come to existence? 2011? if so, i would be more then happy to buy a new phone and sell my 3gs on ebaY for about $400-$500 to cover my cost :D

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I made the biggest mistake by leaving sprint for this at&t crap just for this overrated Iphone.I will leave at&t in 11 months...Just way to many complaints against this company...And they sell a freaking phone that says 3g but when u have 3 g enabled it drops your call even tho you are in the best 3g zone...That my friends make no damn sense..

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I made the biggest mistake by leaving sprint for this at&t crap just for this overrated Iphone.I will leave at&t in 11 months...Just way to many complaints against this company...And they sell a freaking phone that says 3g but when u have 3 g enabled it drops your call even tho you are in the best 3g zone...That my friends make no damn sense..

Have you called ATT about this?

Posting complaints in unrelated threads?

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
You guys do realize that once 4G comes out (and if the new iPhone supports it), iPhones will practically be the only phones on it, so there'll be more bandwidth, at least in the areas that are covered by it.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
My understanding is that AT&T's plan is to roll-out HSDPA and claims a big performance improvement for it. It is also my understanding that the 3GS supports HSDPA.

It is my understanding that AT&T has no plan to roll out LTE in the foreseeable future, in part because there are no LTE handsets, in part because it will cost money.

Verizon is promising LTE carriage in 2010. LTE is more open than CDMA or GSM. It might well open Verizon to a 4G iPhone.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
except for their plans to roll it out beginning in 2011?
When AT&T quotes a schedule, they often miss and usually deliver at the end of the cited period. One will remember the promise to deliver mult-media messaging in "summer 2009." Ask the people in Vermont about 3G. We are still waiting for HSPDA.

That said, I suppose that one can argue that a 2011 "start" qualifies as "foreseeable," as a "plan."

Observations to the contrary notwithstanding, I am really very tolerant of AT&T and cut them a lot of slack. However, I am reminded of "give them an inch and they will take a mile."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice