Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default ATT Cracked Screen Phone advice

Ok, not sure if I"ve posted in the right area but I"m trying. Can someone tell me if what I see on eBay is true? I'm seeing CRACKED front screen fully functional iphone 3g 16gb white (the exact phone I have) and they appear to be selling for $300. Not unlocked, still tethered to ATT, not jailbroken and being sold as is?

Why is this? Here's what I want to do but make sure I don't miss something. I hate my phone now that it's cracked and of course, no one will stand behind it! I can get an upgrade iphone 3gs refurb for $249.99 on ATT right now, same color, everything and the 3gs.

It would seem to me that I could sell my current white, 16gb ATT iphone 3g and break even??? I know the glass is probably an easy replacement but I"m not comfortable with it. Advice please?
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

this is something you have to decide for yourself
    iPhone Intermediate

155 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

IMHO opinion it's not worth much more than $250. I just sold my fully functioning 8GB 3G jailbroken and unlocked for $375.

You can take your iPhone to apple and get a replacement for $200. But if you can upgrade to the 3GS for $250 (not sure how) I would do it, then unload the broken 3G to ebay and break even.