AT&T 3G MicroCell in San Diego

JackmanL

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Without question, San Diego is one of the more difficult regions for decent cellular coverage. AT&T finally offers 3G MicroCells to customers with little or nonexistent service to their homes and offices. I got mine this morning, and it works GREAT!!! Full bars of coverage and appears to provide faster data downloads. :) $150 with $100 mail-in rebate. Although the MicroCell connects to and uses your home or business internet connection, AT&T still counts the calls and data usage via your own internet access against your phone plan minutes. :eek: However, you can sign up for a $20 monthly unlimited MicroCell plan. :mad:

anon(22163)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
How did you get that? I called in and was told the microcell is limited to Georgia and North Caroline markets only?

also do you know what ports to open on a firewell to make it work?

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
If you go to the at&t Microcell website and put in a San Diego Zip Code, it tells you that it is available in that area. Did you call in recently, or when it was first released?

anon(22163)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Called in right after I read your post. :) I just have one area that I'm challenged with (work) and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Whenever the time comes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox