plevine1

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Likely a stupid question but......
So it seems a number of ATT folks now have MMS working on their phones. How can you determine if your phone now has this ability?

kbcherry

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
When you go into Messages and try to type someone a message there will now be a camera icon next to the text input box. It works really slick actually.

rustyjar79

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
or touch any photo in photos, the touch the box icon with the arrow (as if you were sending the pic in an email) and it should say MMS.

Had it with the updated carrier, but had to see a "genius" and get my phone replaced. Now I am just gonna wait 5 days to get it back-no biggie.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
If under settings you have carrier file 5.1 you're most likely set. If there's no camera icon just try restarting your phone.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
now the people that have this have modified something in their carrier files right? seems like something would have to change in order for this to work. i cant see that one day it just shows up with no change to anything. is this correct?? do iphones work the same as blackberry's in that an item can be pushed thru to the phone without any input from the user?

SgtM

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
From what I read, AT&T has been activating MMS early in certain areas. However, it's sporadic. The majority of iPhone users without an altered carrier file still don't have MMS. If you're one to frequently restart your phone, the new carrier file could be pushed to you via the cellular data network.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes they will Release it on the 25th , AT&T does not do OTA updating . I Have the updated 5.1 carrier file and nothing yet , I'm in upstate NY .

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The updated carrier files that are floating around worked to enable the MMS options for me, but the messages would never send. I tried again a few minutes ago with the same result.

As a last attempt before waiting for the 25th to arrive, I checked my settings (again!) against a number of the various screen shots that are out there. Most of the ones that I've seen show the Username and Password fields populated. In one screen shot I found this morning, those fields were blank. I change my settings to match and I no longer receive the red exclamation mark.

My MMS messages are working. :D

bbyrd06

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I received a text today saying that they had dissabled my "view my message" capabilities because they are updating my account for the release of MMS on the 25. I got that this morning. Did any one else?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I received a text today saying that they had dissabled my "view my message" capabilities because they are updating my account for the release of MMS on the 25. I got that this morning. Did any one else?

I never got that.... But my MMS is already enabled. :D:):p

DanCle

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I also hear that there will be a text sent out that we need to click on. Not really sure what to believe anymore. I just hope that it will be here on or before the 25th!

Bull

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
When i received my text from ATT it stated the same. Although i did do the download at the beginning of this thread so I have the camera icon on my MMS and the carrier file is 5.1. I'm just waiting for them to flip the switch so to speak.:D

brewers80

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I never received a text from AT&T...but my MMS started working yesterday afternoon. I have 3.1 and Carrier 5.1. When I tested from a Blackberry Bold the MMS came through very quickly, but sending out from my iphone takes about 45-60 seconds.

Bluesoftail

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if there is any relevance to geographic location for enabling it. If people that have it enabled would post their location we might see a pattern.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2