Outage last night?

juls1585

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Did everyone have issues with their service last night?

I live very close to downtown Cleveland, Ohio and around midnight I noticed that my phone kept losing service which does not happen very often. I finally fell asleep but it was still out at around 3 am when my dog woke me up.

This morning I woke up to 130 emails all from the same person and it was the same thing over and over. They too have an iPhone.

I was just wondering if anyone else had some issues last night.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah...a lot of people had issues the past week.

I wasn't receiving VVMs or push notifications of any sort.

If you called AT&T they reset things then said "Oh we don't know" and gave up.

If you're having issues, reset your network settings under Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.

That fixed both my issues, no thanks to AT&T CS of course. :p

juls1585

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
lol It eventually fixed itself I guess. I just woke up to those emails and I was like HOLY crap what did I miss. I thought forsure something huge happened and I was unreachable and that was someones last resort was to email me hoping the little noise would wake me.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Could all of these outages possibly be caused by AT&T switching their network to the 850 MHz spectrum?

Pfft, I don't care what the reason is, but I'm a little concerned because I typically have 3-4 bars of service in my house and for the past few days, I've had 1-3, if any, and sometimes it even says "Searching..."

Which is starting to irritate me.

*Note: I live in an area that doesn't even have 3G yet, so my bars are EDGE!!! If I didn't have wifi, I'd be a heck of a lot more irritated. 15 minutes in each every direction from my house puts me in 3G, so it's like AT&T just skipped a tiny part of the map for some stupid reason.

I hope this is because of them lighting up 3G but I'm not holding my breath.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73