Deposit if I have bad credit?

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
If I were to get an Iphone and my credit as of right now isnt that great, probably around 600 or lower, i havent checked in a while....would they ask for a deposit fee when i sign up?

How much would it be?

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Deposits run anywhere from $100 to $750. $500 is for no credit, $750 for bad credit. This is determined by your FICO scroe but mostly fromt he score equifax has on you. Only way to know is to run a credit check. It's a good deal because you pay the deposit and get the phone and then in 13 months you get the deposit back as a credit to your bill which means you are essentially pre-paying your bill.

Otherwise, use t-mobile prepaid

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
When I bought my first cell phone when I was 18 (way back when) they put a hold on my credit card (as a deposit I guess) of $200. After you are with them for like a year or something I think they release the hold.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I had bad credit, and just ordered online, and there was no credit check, or deposit.
Who did you order from.

In any case, credit does not arise at order time but at activation time. When you take your iPhone out of the box, it is a brick. When you turn it on, it will ask to be connected to iTunes. Until that happens, it will not do anything else.

At that time, you will be led through the process for setting up your AT&T account. You will talk to iTunes>Apple>AT&T>creditbureau. Not near as bad as it sounds. Actually, it is magic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR