AppleCare Agent with $750 Deposit!!!

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok... So I'm an Apple Care Tech Agent, & Apple Care Coach (not directly for apple but under a Third Party that has a contract with Apple.)

I've received a Free iPhone. I have a corporate code for a Premier AT&T Business account that gets us a GREAT Service Discount... :)

Placed an Order Online Yesterday through the Premier Site...

AT&T wants $750/line Deposit! :eek: I've been fighting this with AT&T for over a year!

Can AT&T make any overrides/deposit discounts for Premier Customers? Who should I speak with?

Any Advice? :confused:

THANKS EVERYONE!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What's their reason? Normally they only ask for a deposit if you have bad credit. What did you order?

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
What's their reason? Normally they only ask for a deposit if you have bad credit. What did you order?

They Say it's my Credit... but I don't have bad Credit.

I check it constantly... and even if I did... $750!?!??!!?

My house Payment or F150 Payment isn't that much!!!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well you shouldn't be constantly checking it. Constant inquiries drives down your score. If they say it's your credit there is probably nothing you can do. As far as I know after a certain period of paying your bill online you get the deposit back. They may have also raised their credit standards in light of the economy. Although it seems people are paying for their cell phones over the house and other things. Have you gone into an AT&T store and tried to deal face to face?

Sidebar, I wish my house payment was less than $750/month.

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Well you shouldn't be constantly checking it. Constant inquiries drives down your score. If they say it's your credit there is probably nothing you can do. As far as I know after a certain period of paying your bill online you get the deposit back. They may have also raised their credit standards in light of the economy. Although it seems people are paying for their cell phones over the house and other things. Have you gone into an AT&T store and tried to deal face to face?

Sidebar, I wish my house payment was less than $750/month.

Constantly Monitoring Your OWN Credit Score does NOT lower it. There are a lot of ways to do this. A lot of services. Only if there are multiple inquiries from other agencies does it lower your score.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well in any case ask them what their minimum standard is for something like the iPhone contract. Go to a store, face to face it always better than over the phone.

If your an Apple agent have you tried getting it set up through an Apple Store?

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Well in any case ask them what their minimum standard is for something like the iPhone contract. Go to a store, face to face it always better than over the phone.

If your an Apple agent have you tried getting it set up through an Apple Store?

I have tried Apple Store. At One Time Store Managers had the Ability to Override Deposits but it was abused, so AT&T took it away.

Trying AT&T Retail Store on My Lunch Break Today.

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
premier accounts dont grant ya any special benefits other then the discount.

it dosent give ya any special status with att. just means you work for a company that does alot of biz with them (and before ya ask. yes i got a premier account)

as for your credit score. keep in mind their are 2 diffrent scores..

a plus score and a fico score. Most company's use the fico as the standard. i do not know which att uses.

and the plus score and fico score are not determined the same and can and usually are diffrent from each other.

and your plus score can be diffrent between the "credit" companies

and one score can have you listed as a higher risk then another,

/edit

/sidebar

just fyi. check the fine print on that discount. its most likely an UP to discount rate.. and unlimited plans dont get nearly as good a discount. and the discount dosent apply to data plans. atlest that's how it is with my company's premier account discount with att.. mine is up to 28% off services. but the discount on the unlimited is only like 7 bucks.. yea.. fine print will get ya.

/second edit

i also wouldnt be surprised if thats because you arnt buying the phone outright or subsidized, its playing a factor in that "deposit". a gotcha situation.

Last edited:

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
they won't over ride a $750 deposit. I use to work for AT&T and the only time I was able to get over rides for deposits were for $150.

Only you can speak to your credit situation but $750 is the highest I use to ever see for people. Normally they were reserved for people who defaulted on previous cell phone service with another carrier, or people that had really bad credit.

I am an AT&T premier customer and get 15% off my monthly bill for where I work now. It's pretty good considering I get 15% off my fam unlimited text, iphone data plan, and voice plan. You also get to talk to Business Customer Service when you call if you ever have a prob where wait times are a lot shorter and people are nicer.

There are some benefits to that.

DJYoungDirty

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
I have tried Apple Store. At One Time Store Managers had the Ability to Override Deposits but it was abused, so AT&T took it away.

Trying AT&T Retail Store on My Lunch Break Today.

Tried the Retail Store. They said they CAN waive deposits, but the only people that will are Credit/Activations.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You need to see Equifax about that. They're the ones who we inquiry.

The only time I've seen the deposit amount to be wrong is if the wrong ssn was entered.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
AT&T uses Equifax as their main basis for credit checks. They don't look at things like debt/income they base it soley off the payment history and over limit sections of your credit score. Having a "premier" discount does not guarantee you a lower credit score. If your credit is fine, make sure that you don't have any past due or open accounts with AT&T or any accounts that you did have never went into collections. Going to a retail store won't help as we will pull the same deposit and call the same people you call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2