Cost of Upgrading to a 3GS

mweglarz0

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I bought a 3G in August of 08' and want to update to a 3Gs. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until March of 10'. The reason being I got my iphone 3G wet and it's barely operable, but with apples policy it's $199 to replace the iphone 3G for a new one.

anyway my plan was to go to AT&T and ask to update to the 3Gs ($199 16 gb model) and break my current 2 yr-agreement if possible.

SOOO is this possible? and how much TOTAL would it cost to upgrade and break the contract and all that good stuff..?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Log onto your AT&T online account and click the upgrade button. It will tell you exactly how much it will cost you.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You are not able to break your contract and open a new one. You would have to wait three (or six?) months to be considered a new costomer.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
You are not able to break your contract and open a new one. You would have to wait three (or six?) months to be considered a new costomer.

6 months.

Early upgrade is your best bet. $399, brand new iphone. They're still $1000 on ebay so that's going to be your cheapest method.

Another idea would be to add a line to your account and get the new customer price. Then you use the iphone on your existing line. This would cost $40 than doing an early upgrade but the advantage here is that you don't have to shell out $400 all at once and you get an extra phone line to use for your grandma or something.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
wait that doesn't make sense if your bought your 3G in August of 08 you should be able to upgrade before March because I bought mine back in September of 08 and I'm not eligible to upgrade until Feb 2010. so yeah if anything you should be able to upgrade now or very very soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2