Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Potential iPhone user

Ok, here's my little dilemma. I'm currently with ATT on a BB plan with a Bold. I love the phone, it has never disappointed. But recently, I've felt the need to own a touch screen phone. What's better than the best out there on ATT? Now my contract ends in February and I have the option to upgrade now. However, I do not want to be stuck with another 2 year contract with ATT. I want to switch to verizon as soon as possible. The main reason is because of the coverage. I'm in Chicago and while I do get 3G, it is never stable enough for me to take advantage of it. Plus theres that little issue where I get absolutely no signal at Wrigley Field. My sister is on verizon and is pleased.

My questions now are, should I buy an iPhone from ebay? If so can I switch between the Bold and iPhone without any problems? Another option would be to get it on a contract, and then cancel it. How much would that cost me and would I be able to keep the iPhone? Or should I just wait until I go to verizon and get a storm or wait for the inevitable storm 2?

I know these are a lot of questions, and I appreciate the help.
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

Do a search of this forum to find your answer. My opinion is if your going with verizon then get a phone from them and save your money.
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

I think you would save money if you just waited. You can't use the iPhone on Verizon, they use CDMA so the iPhone isn't compatible. I would also go into a Verizon Store and play with the Storm, there are a lot of bad reviews on it. If there hasn't been word on when the Storm 2 will come out or there has and it's not soon, then I would go with the Storm. If it is coming out in 3 months, wait for it.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I'm in the Chicago area and I get great service. Very rarely do I see less than 4 bars in the downtown area. Have you tried another phone?
    iMore Beginner

89 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

I was considering the Storm for a while, until I tried it. The deal breaker for me was their weird surepress system. I hated it. Some people are "ok" with it though.