Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default upgrade to iphone

this may be a very stupid question so please don't jump on me for it but i was reading somewhere that if you were eligible in july,august, or september that you would be eligible for the full subsidized price on the iphone and then i read somewhere else that it only applied to iphone 3g customer and im eligible in august so i wanted to get this clear so anyone that can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
    iMore Intermediate

Well, first, you can check on the AT&T Wireless website to see if you're eligible for an upgrade. If you purchased the 3G in July, August, or September of last year, then you should be eligible. I bought a 3G on launch day last year and I was eligible for the 3GS, so if you got yours last August, you should be good to go. You can also check your local AT&T or Apple store too.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

i also forgot to mention that i never had an iphone before nor do have one now, im using a regular phone so i was wondering if that would apply to me or if it would apply only to iphone 3g customers.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts

It appears to be just for the iPhone owners that purchased last year.

I bought my 3G on Ebay and will be buying a 3GS as soon as I can. I have a line on my account that can upgrade with the full subsidized price on the 23rd of this month. I have asked AT&T if I can get an override on the line so I can purchase the phone a few weeks early. I was directly told no. I can get the early upgrade price of $499 for the 32GB, though.

I was also told that any other phone in AT&T's inventory could be mine for the full subsidized price at that time, almost 1 month ago, but not the iPhone (3G).

I have upgraded lines in the past with 2 months left on my contract, but this time around, because of the iPhone, they want me to go to my last day before I upgrade. I have been trying to call into customer service to see if I can get an override, but have been booted off the phone system because of "technical difficulties."

It just stinks that they have these kind of inequalities toward their customers. What is good for one should be good for all.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

So i may be able to call at&t and get them to let me upgrade now since i will be eligible august 22, or its just absolute that im going to have to finish my contract up?
    iMore Intermediate

Drizzy,

I believe the early upgrade benefit was only for people who purchased the iPhone 3G in July, Aug or Sept of last year. I'm not sure if it applies to other phones if you don't didn't get the iPhone. Again, you can easily call AT&T or check online at the AT&T wireless website. You just log into your account and then check on your upgrade eligibility status online. Only takes about two minutes to check, and you can see right there if you're eligible for the iPhone 3GS pricing too. It basically gives you a big list of phones you're eligible to upgrade too. If you're too lazy to do that just call AT&T and ask them. None of us here can tell you 100% if you're eligible or not.

Good luck! I hope you can get your 3GS soon!
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Nanite

but can you tell me if i will be able to make my upgrade date earlier or not by caling them