Early upgrade??

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T and they are telling me I am eligible for an early upgrade to the iphone 3gs. I just receive my regular 3g less than 6 months ago. He said that I would only have to pay an 18 dollar upgrade fee. And resign for 2 years. Anyone else heard of this? And should I upgrade? Also when and if I do upgrade will I get to keep my old iphone? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
The AT&T guy got it all wrong.

1) You always have to pay the $18 fee with a new phone, regardless.

2) The early upgrade means you have to pay a $200 penalty fee.

3) Yes, you can keep your old iPhone. I sold my 16GB 3G unlocked to a guy at work for $350.

I know this because I did an early upgrade to get the 3GS. Had to pay $399 + tax at the Apple store for a 16GB.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T and they are telling me I am eligible for an early upgrade to the iphone 3gs. I just receive my regular 3g less than 6 months ago. He said that I would only have to pay an 18 dollar upgrade fee. And resign for 2 years. Anyone else heard of this? And should I upgrade? Also when and if I do upgrade will I get to keep my old iphone? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Wrong....info

I can get an early upgrade to like you, but its not $18. LOL, if it was $18 wouldnt everyone and their mom jump on it? lol :D

shadowd7

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I Accidentally activated a 2G iPhone on my account through iTunes on April 4th....Officially starting my 2 year contract, and on June 19th I Got my iPhone 3GS with an Early Upgrade package paying the $399 + tax, no $18 fee.......(unless they threw it into the bill and i didnt notice :x)

iPhone is not a normal phone they are throwing them at people, I signed a 2 year contract!! and two months later re-signed a 2yr contract for the new iPhone.....everyone can get it, nothing special....

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
$18 dollar fee is pit in the bill. However, if you delay upgrading, they sometimes don't charge the fee. When I bought the iphpne, I was 6 months past my upgrade eligability, and I didn't pay the fee.

Chris

Costahome

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway around the early upgrade issue? I have a 3g and a $200 gift card from the apple store. I went to get the 3gs but they want $399 for it for early upgrade. I got the 3g in febuary of this year.
What happens if I claim its lost?
I want to unlock the 3g and use it and give the 3gs to my wife on our plan.
I just do not want to pay 400dollars. Anybody got an anwser?????

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
If it is lost, they will still charge you the fee.

The only way to avoid the $400 is to wait. Of course, with your gift card, you would only be paying $200.

Chris

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
If you really want to early upgrade, the 16g 3GS would be 399. You could easily sell your old 3G for $300 on craigslist or ebay. That would make the 3GS only $100 after all is said and done. BING!