upgrade for cheap work around?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am eligible to upgrade at the cheap price this week to the 3G S but my girlfriend is not, at least not until December of 09. She called AT&T to plead her case and they told her she absolutely can not have the cheaper upgrade price. Her and I have 2 different accounts and I was thinking that this might work to get her the cheap price....

Add her line to my account, which then counts as a new activation on my account, which should make it eligible for an upgrade. I imagine that AT&T is smarter than this, but I used to work for Cingular YEARS ago and I think that it used to work that way.

What do you folks think?

--JE

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
The discount price is $199 for the 16GB. The full price is $599... early termination is $175 minus $5 per month you've been into the contract. $199+175 = $374. That's still a LOT cheaper than $599.

I might add a second line to get the 3GS, then cancel my main line after I get the new phone.

A friend of mine told me that AT&T told him that if he added a new line to get the 3GS, he could reduce his other line to $10 a month -- no data or text package on it. They even told him they'd transfer his phone number to the new line.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner