ATT turns off my texting - while 3GS in transit

mkhoward

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a 3GS from Apple online store to replace my 1st gen iPhone. I had the 4500/200 text message plan. Sometime yesterday my text messages stopped going through. I didn't figure it out until late today that my text messages were not being received and I wasn't receiving any either.

I checked my plan online and found the 200 message part of the plan was gone. Spontaneously gone. I tried to add it. No joy. I called ATT - spoke to a human. He was unable to add it back in.

He suggested I just wait until I received my new iPhone.

So.. if it happened to me, maybe it happened to you. Don't rely on text messaging for anything important if you have a new phone in the mail.

Cheers.

mkhoward

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Unexplained drop of data services

I'm updating my own post.

The day before 3.0 came out. I noticed I had no texting capability. A check of the ATT website showed I no longer had a data plan either. I was always in range of a wifi signal - so I didn't notice that ATT wasn't delivering data either.

Yesterday, I talked to a human at ATT. He was unable to add the data service back in, and suggested I wait for the new 3GS he knew I had ordered.

Today, I thought. BS. And called again. This time I got someone who knew how to add the data plan and text message back in. I'm back in business.

I've updated my 1st generation iPhone without a problem. My new 3Gs appears to be in Alaska at present. I expect to see it in a day or two. Hopefully, ATT will have its ducks in a row for the masses.

Take away message: If the first person can't help you. Try someone else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2