Iphone 2G Contract Termination

geokid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,
I lost my job a while ago and it's been incredibly hard to balance everything for the past few months. I bought my iphone 2g at full price in an apple store last year and then signed up for a contract with ATT. Would anyone know if I can cancel out of the contract without paying the 175 dollar fee? Since I bought the phone for full price would I have an option to cancel without any fees?

I spoke with an ATT rep and I was advised that I would need to pay 175 to get out of the contract.

I would greatly appreciate any responses.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
If you signed a contract it might be hard to do, but you shouldn't of had to sign one to get a 1st gen iPhone so you could maybe threaten legal action if they don't' want to let you out of it?

geokid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
If you signed a contract it might be hard to do, but you shouldn't of had to sign one to get a 1st gen iPhone so you could maybe threaten legal action if they don't' want to let you out of it?

I did not know that I could've gotten away without a contract for 1st gen phone. I bought the phone a year ago, was this the case back then or this is something new? They are not wiling to bend even a little, I asked them if they could step me down to regular plan and they said no for that too. I'm not sure what's possible at this moment.

Totally clueless. Thanks for the response dizzy, much appreciated.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I did not know that I could've gotten away without a contract for 1st gen phone. I bought the phone a year ago, was this the case back then or this is something new? They are not wiling to bend even a little, I asked them if they could step me down to regular plan and they said no for that too. I'm not sure what's possible at this moment.

Totally clueless. Thanks for the response dizzy, much appreciated.

So I am guessing you canceled and paid the 175?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2