IPhone Drop data plan.. Will this work?

Sledneck

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Newbie here.. so many posts to sift through I couldn't find what I was looking for.
With money getting tighter, my ATT bill is $327.00 a month..
That is a 2100 minute family plan 2 Iphone 3g's and one Iphone 2g
total of 5 phones. two with data plans turned off. I have early night and weekends and unlimited family text plan.
I am dropping one line. Saves $11.00 or so including tax.
Removing early nights and weekends $18.00 (I have a ton of rollover)
To get around the data plans on one Iphone 3g and one 2g I was thinking of switching the sim fro the Iphones into other att phones. When they show up on the system (Under profile on ATT account) Call and have the data plans removed from those numbers telling them that the phones were broke? Then reinstalling them into the Iphones... I could get my bill to around $245.00 or so... Do you think that might work?

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Newbie here.. so many posts to sift through I couldn't find what I was looking for.
total of 5 phones. two with data plans turned off. I have early night and weekends and unlimited family text plan.
To get around the data plans on one Iphone 3g and one 2g I was thinking of switching the sim fro the Iphones into other att phones. When they show up on the system (Under profile on ATT account) Call and have the data plans removed from those numbers telling them that the phones were broke? Then reinstalling them into the Iphones... I could get my bill to around $245.00 or so... Do you think that might work?

not likely, to save any more you will need to reduce your lines, or if you have a ton of rollover minutes why not reduce your plan

Sledneck

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
not likely, to save any more you will need to reduce your lines, or if you have a ton of rollover minutes why not reduce your plan

You loose your rollover minutes if you downgrade your plan.

I was thinking... If one Iphone really did break and you put the sim into another phone.. they cant hold you to the data plan. Trust me... They aren't gonna give ya another Iphone without paying retail.
I am gonna try it but wanted to see if anyone had done this.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
You loose your rollover minutes if you downgrade your plan.

I was thinking... If one Iphone really did break and you put the sim into another phone.. they cant hold you to the data plan. Trust me... They aren't gonna give ya another Iphone without paying retail.
I am gonna try it but wanted to see if anyone had done this.

what i meant was if you have that many rollover minutes maybe your on a higher plan then you really need. and dropping a line now you will need even less.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
They will remove data plan, but as soon as you put the sim card back into iPhone, AT&T will detect it and add data back on.

Sledneck

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
They will remove data plan, but as soon as you put the sim card back into iPhone, AT&T will detect it and add data back on.

Not sure about that. My youngest daughter has an 4gb Iphone 2g that is unlocked and I dont have a data plan on that one.. They haven't added a data plan to that line and ATT has detected it according to my online account.
I am gonna give it a try and see what happens.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site

Hell No it won't work.

joliveria

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I guess the question that you need to answer is how many minutes do you normally use a month in the family plan? If you don't use near that many then just change the service plan. I really don't see any point of having an iPhone without being about to use the data plan. It's just a Touch that can place calls? But then again I'm getting my first iPhone this Friday... I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods