1.3 Mbps On My iPhone

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
1.3 Mbps On My iPhone [Edit

I was on my phone doing some general searching and I noticed how much faster the pages were loading so I went into my speedtest app by Xtreme Speedtest Labs and I saw how fast my 3G was.

I was researching that at&t put out a new frequency for 3G in New York and San Francisco , 850mhz , for better wall penetration. For about 3 weeks now I've been getting better and faster 3G signal. I live in New York by the way.

I know there are certain conditions such as traffic but I think this is worth mentioning. I get up to 700mhz through out the day as well.

The Black is average and the Red is Max.

12052650-f9584a693a65a70fad9a58a3b5.jpg

---

I've also been able to get that same speed during the day

IMG_0047.jpg

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
that image doesn't show.

But hey are you gonna get a 3GS? It is gonna use 7.2mbps.. pretty exciting if you ask me.

But I guess 7.2mbps isn't useful for you people in the states since ATT doesn't even have it yet.. -.-

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I have to fix that image. I also meant 700mbps not MHz LOL. It was late last night.

Users will never , well never say never , get 3.6mbps on att current 3.6 network. Att caps the bandwidth to begin with. Then there is traffic through out the day, distance from a 3G tower etc. So with all those factors included , users will get less than half of that speed. Under 7.2 , the same thing will happen.

I think with the iPhone 3G S , safari will seem even faster because half of the experience in safari also has to do with the device it's running on. It's also evident in desktop and mobile computers. If you ever go in task manager or activity monitor , you will see how much resources a web browser uses. If you don't have enough ram , it won't run as smoothly as it should.

I'm happy with the network now. It's mid day and I'm getting 600-700mbps.

So safari will be even better with att new 850mhz spectrum and the future 7.2mbps network.

anon4669969

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, there is too much bandwidth saturation in this country for anyone to be getting a consistent 3.6Mbps, even in the best circumstances.

The new HSDPA 7.2Mbps upgrade will definitely relieve some of the congestion, but it's still not enough to compensate for the huge influx of incoming iPhone 3G S users. I mean, the pre-orders have already sold out. :rolleyes:

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
AuDioFreaK39
- Exactly. Maybe that's why they stopped allowing pre-orders. So that they won't have an onslaught of new iPhone users in their network. At&t need to catch up ^_^

Dizzy
- That's crazy. I haven't heard anything about Miami getting any upgrades but who knows !

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Remind me to thank at&t for the better penetration...

Hopefully the digital transition of TV service clears up a nice set of bands for LTE to come rolling in. The one thing that sucks is that I'm due for an upgrade in about 3 weeks and I'll be getting my first iPhone the 3G S but theres gonna be an LTE version next year. But I suppose I can start saving to buy it full price.

Good to hear that the service has picked up, I live in NY too and I've heard all kinds of stories about the shotty 3G here. I've been on EDGE so I didnt notice it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73