iphone stolen, now have to wait til Sep for upgrade

aeleby

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I got my iphone stolen about a month and a half ago. I was so sad, but I just thought I'd get the new one that would be coming out this summer. I had a random blackberry laying around so I would just use that for the time being. Fast forward to today, went to pay my bill at the AT&T store and asked about switching back to the iPhone and learned that I cannot get the upgrade til September 30th! That sucks, and if I buy one at full price I still have to extend my contract by 2 years. AT&T must love screwing people over.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sorry for your loss but AT&T is really not screwing you over. You should have been aware of the contract you signed and how everything works if you lose a iPhone and so on. If they let everyone sign a contract, lose a phone and then get another with a subsidy before their contract is up... they'd be out of business.

aeleby

May 11, 2009
Visit site
It's not so much my contract that I'm "miffed" about. It's more that if I buy a new one at full price I have to extend my contract another 2 years. (even though I probably will stay with at&t for at least that time span)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
ATT has different prices for completely full price and just not as subsidized I believe. So instead of paying $299 you pay like $499 with a new contract, but still not the $699 price that is "full" i think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711