iPhone on Verizon soon...? Details Inside!

iPhone on Verizon?

• Total voters

camperdown9

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I think it will happen but Apple would have to either.

1) Make two iPhone one for CDMA and one for GSM

2) Give the iPhone the ability to work on both systems

3) Wait until LTE is up and running.

There is no way that Apple would just make the next iPhone for CDMA carriers.

There are rumors in the UK that Apple is about to end their exclusive deal with O2 for the iPhone. Maybe Apple are ending all their exclusive deals worldwide and if the next iPhone works on both CDMA & GSM then why not on Verizon?

Alex

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I won't believe it until I see a leaked demo unit photographed against CrackBerry Kevin's green coffee table! :p

(Though the CB ninja are never to be underestimated...)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
One of those posters were banned from these forums for making multiple user names and posting about this very topic... fake.

cyberbob

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I think we are still at least a year away of having any legitimate discussion of this happening. We can speculate all we want but this topic, across all the tech forums, is just the result of a rumor milling and high hopes.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I think they will in a few years. I doubt Apple is going to invest millions in manufacturing to make an iPhone for one provider, but when everyone goes to the LTE their exclusive with ATT should be done and then Verizon can join the party.

I still wonder what would have happen if Verizon took them up on the iPhone when Apple asked? Seems like it worked out better for Apple to go with ATT.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm so sick of all this Verizon talk that I now hope that the iPhone is never available on Verizon ;)

I've been on AT&T and only AT&T since my very first crappy Nokia. I won't be surprised if I never leave.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
I highly doubt it. AT&T is good. I am not quite sure why so many Verizonians think it sucks. And some of my friends who are on Verizon will be on the phone with me and they are driving and I'm in my house with an AT&T cell tower within 1/4 mile from my house (always full bars) and he'll cut out and get dropped and then try and blame it on my AT&T and I'm like no way dude. I'm not even moving so I doubt it. He has a Storm and the one button is already broken and it's not even 3 months old.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I've been on AT&T and only AT&T since my very first crappy Nokia. I won't be surprised if I never leave.

Me too. Got my first Nokia when I turned 18 and they had to put a hold one of my credit cards since I hadn't really established my credit at the time. I've gone from AT&T Mobile, to Cingular, and now at&t.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't Verizon rumored to be switching to GSM, because of the LTE rollout? If they do, Apple will not have to change anything.

jewelz

May 11, 2009
Visit site
This rumor has been going on for ages. If they get the iPhone good for them if they don't oh well. I don't see it happening though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW