Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Moving to another area with (possibly) no coverage

I have a two year iphone/ATT contract. I plan to move to Sioux Falls, SD where I am not sure there is a direct ATT coverage. They may have some local partners, which means I will be on roaming most of the time.

Can somebody please tell me if ATT will terminate my contract, and if so, will I have to pay any penalties?
    I wouldn't really care if I did not have an iphone.
    iMore Genius

3,337 Posts

Call them and ask them!!!Probably have to pay to change the plan is what I think. But you could unlock for another carrier. I hate when people say will AT&T charge me for something just call them
    iMore Intermediate

134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts

AT&T Coverage Viewer

They do have coverage there. No 3G.
    If you have a National plan from ATT there is no roaming anywhere in the US.
    iMore Newbie

42 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

AT&T does not yet have native coverage there... now they will soon with the buyout of Alltel properties from Verizon which includes Sioux City, IA. I still don't know how that will work if you move... I would hope AT&T would just be patient until they complete the transition from CDMA to GSM for the Alltel markets they are taking over.