Ask a AT&T Rep!

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Postal. Thanks for lending your services!

If I am 14 days away from my upgrade would AT&T really make me wait until 9/14/09 or would they be able to upgrade me this weekend?

Most retail stores are allowed to do exception upgrades for iphone users only within 30 days of the upgrade date. So the answer is YES!

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
i don't know if this question has been asked but I remember ATT was saying that they were going to lower the price of the iPhone Data plan. They didn't say by how much though. Do you know if they are still planning to do so. I think it should go back down to the $20 like the original iPhone.

AT&T never said they would lower the data plan rates? Why would they? THe iPhone uses more data than any other phone and they sell hundreds of thousands of them already. Why would they undercut themselves

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I have a question and I haven't noticed it asked --

I want to switch two of my accounts to the iphone, but they both have an ETF with VZW.

Is that something that at&t is willing to work with, or do I just wait?

Thanks.

Craig

dcarp505

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
MicroCell

Hi Folks,
Just a quick question, Any word on the release of the AT&T 3G MicroCell? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answering our questions!!!

I too need a network extender. Hopefully it will be about the time mms shows up or not to far from that. Sorry newbie here and cant post the url my bad..

Last edited:

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I have a question and I haven't noticed it asked --

I want to switch two of my accounts to the iphone, but they both have an ETF with VZW.

Is that something that at&t is willing to work with, or do I just wait?

Thanks.

Craig

Honestly, no. If AT&T shelled out $200 to pay off the ETF for switchers, they'd go bankrupt or raise rates. It's up to you if you can afford both the ETF and the price of the new phone (BTW iPhone pricing is non negotiable at any level or outlet). To me, it's worth it at any price.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
Honestly, no. If AT&T shelled out $200 to pay off the ETF for switchers, they'd go bankrupt or raise rates. It's up to you if you can afford both the ETF and the price of the new phone (BTW iPhone pricing is non negotiable at any level or outlet). To me, it's worth it at any price.

Thanks for the response. Sorry to hear this. I actually stopped by an att store today (was too crowded to speak with anyone, though) to ask this question. I was also going to call them and ask.

I figure, it never hurts to ask, right?

Craig.

xmnj

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
How long do I have to wait to sign back up with AT&T after cancelling a line? I had ported out to Verizon for the Blackberry Tour but not very happy with it and would love to go back to the iPhone.

Forgot to mention, I had paid the ETF and sold the phone so I would need to get another one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kgnjames

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
3G in Vermont???

3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???

Unfortunately the only way to know the exact date is to be either an RF Engineer or a corporate higher-up. I feel your pain sir and I'm sure they're working as hard as they can on it.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
How long do I have to wait to sign back up with AT&T after cancelling a line? I had ported out to Verizon for the Blackberry Tour but not very happy with it and would love to go back to the iPhone.

Forgot to mention, I had paid the ETF and sold the phone so I would need to get another one.

Thanks!

It take 6 months after you quit to be considered eligible for new customer pricing again. If you do it even one day before, you will activate your old account and contract. I would honestly buy a used iPhone 3G for around $250-$300 and avoid the contract. I've been contract free on my personal lines for close to three years.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
It take 6 months after you quit to be considered eligible for new customer pricing again. If you do it even one day before, you will activate your old account and contract. I would honestly buy a used iPhone 3G for around $250-$300 and avoid the contract. I've been contract free on my personal lines for close to three years.

Does contract free make that much difference when you remain with the carrier for 3 years? I used unlocked Nokias for years and the iPhone was my first contract mobile and I can say it was worth the contract because 299+200 termination fee is still cheaper than retail price I was given to purchase the iPhone out right.

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hey, quick question. my last bill was about 138 and my current bill is 151. i looked through and did not get charged anything extra, i have the family plan with 700 mins. 1 iphone and an lg vu. unlimited messagin(30) and the iphone data(30). all the features and access fees come up to about 130 before tax, im jus curious as to why my bill is inconsistent?

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I too need a network extender. Hopefully it will be about the time mms shows up or not to far from that. Sorry newbie here and cant post the url my bad..

The MicroCell is starting to roll out. I live about 2 hours east of Charlotte NC (Chapel Hill) and Charlotte was one of the first cities to get the the MicroCell. I drove the 2 hours and picked one up. Luckily my area is able to get MicroCell service put they have not shown up in stores here yet. It works like a charm!! Check with your local AT&T stores and some surrounding areas to see if it is available.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The MicroCell is starting to roll out. I live about 2 hours east of Charlotte NC (Chapel Hill) and Charlotte was one of the first cities to get the the MicroCell. I drove the 2 hours and picked one up. Luckily my area is able to get MicroCell service put they have not shown up in stores here yet. It works like a charm!! Check with your local AT&T stores and some surrounding areas to see if it is available.

That is somewhat unfair. The truth is that microcell is starting to roll out in Charlotte. It is not starting to "roll out" in general.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
That is somewhat unfair. The truth is that microcell is starting to roll out in Charlotte. It is not starting to "roll out" in general.

Charlotte is only one of the MANY major cities that is getting the MicroCell. Sorry it's not in your area yet. Give it some time and it will be. Have you contacted your local AT&T store to see when it will be available to you?
EDIT: I just checked the AT&T link and Raleigh/Durham and their surrounding areas have it now also. Just a matter of time....

Last edited: