Ask a AT&T Rep!

Pingman#CB

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Backup Phone

There are times when I go places and do things that I do not want to take my iPhone. What happens if I take my sim card and put it in my old blackberry? Would I still be able to see e-mails and also use the internet? If so will there be any other charges?

Thank you.

Gabolinche

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Can I use a Telcel iPhone on AT&T?

Hi,

I have an iPhone I bought with Mexico's Telcel but I will be moving to Boston shortly. I planned on getting an AT&T line but I was wondering if I will be able to use mi iPhone without jailbreaking/unlocking it... Is it possible?

If not, what can I do in order to use mi iPhone with a wireless line in the US?

Thanks!

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
There are times when I go places and do things that I do not want to take my iPhone. What happens if I take my sim card and put it in my old blackberry? Would I still be able to see e-mails and also use the internet? If so will there be any other charges?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, when you have iPhone data plan on your line, the blackberry will not play nice. You will not be able to get your email because access to BIS and BES is built into the blackberry data plan ONLY. You may be able to access the internet, however it will only be through the MediaNet WAP browser if at all.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have an iPhone I bought with Mexico's Telcel but I will be moving to Boston shortly. I planned on getting an AT&T line but I was wondering if I will be able to use mi iPhone without jailbreaking/unlocking it... Is it possible?

If not, what can I do in order to use mi iPhone with a wireless line in the US?

Thanks!

More than likely you will have to jailbreak and unlock the iphone before the iphone will work with an iPhone SIM which means you will have to unlock everytime there is an iPhone update. However, there is an advantage to having your own iPhone. You won't have to sign an AT&T contract since you have your own equipment and you won't have to drop money on a new iphone. There are guides available in the Help & How-To section of TiPB than can guide you through the unlocking process. Another option would be to sell your Telcel iphone on ebay or to a friend and use that money to purchase an American iPhone on ebay

mickeykool

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering whats the difference between these two things on my plan. I have unlimited data and text.

Text/IM Messaging
UNLIMITED
Used 436 of Unlimited

and

Messaging
UNLIMITED
Used 347 of Unlimited

Which is which?

eckodream

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
i don't know if this question has been asked but I remember ATT was saying that they were going to lower the price of the iPhone Data plan. They didn't say by how much though. Do you know if they are still planning to do so. I think it should go back down to the $20 like the original iPhone.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Just a quick question, Any word on the release of the AT&T 3G MicroCell? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answering our questions!!!

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Microcell is coming, but I have no idea when. Next year sometime would be my guess. As far as mms, we will know about the same time that you will. PostalUT, thanks for coming in and helping me with the questions. I don't have nearly the time that I used to have to drop in and help.

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Also, I doubt that they will lower the price of the data plan. It wouldn't make sense for at&t to do so, especially since they are having no trouble selling iphones at the current data price point. Also, there is a senior plan, but you have to be a senior citizen. It is $29.99/month, gives you 250 minutes with no rollover or m2m minutes. Not worth the savings.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
hi, i had an iphone 3g and the $30 data plan. i gave my iphone to a friend and i bought an iphone 3gs from the att website. when i was buying it, it automatically checked the $30 data plan because its obviously required. now my question is, will i be charged $60 per month because 30 from my old iphone and 30 for my new iphone or will it just be $30.
thanks

cjharley

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi Postal. Thanks for lending your services!

If I am 14 days away from my upgrade would AT&T really make me wait until 9/14/09 or would they be able to upgrade me this weekend?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Because I don't know the answer. That's why I bothered to ask.
I think you do know the answer but are hoping that you do not. This is AT&T you are dealing with. How do you think that they earned the name, "steaming pile of failure?" Even the CEO does not have the discretion to waive those two weeks.

cjharley

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I think you do know the answer but are hoping that you do not. This is AT&T you are dealing with. How do you think that they earned the name, "steaming pile of failure?" Even the CEO does not have the discretion to waive those two weeks.

Thank you for the answer. I was hoping they could waive the 2 weeks, but it would seem that by your experience they cannot. I have never asked them to in the past or even really cared about my upgrade time, but now that I want an iPhone I wish it were the 14th.

Thanks again.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Thank you for the answer. I was hoping they could waive the 2 weeks, but it would seem that by your experience they cannot. I have never asked them to in the past or even really cared about my upgrade time, but now that I want an iPhone I wish it were the 14th.

Thanks again.
Why do I feel like this is my fault? If you are as naive as you appear, ask. The cosmos may take mercy on you. Miracles happen. Babies are born every day. What can be less likely than that?

Still, I suspect that you are in for a shock as you learn to deal with AT&T.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

And this is where you're incorrect. As a manager, I approve early upgrades, even as early as 3 months. The only phone that I don't and can't is the iPhone. It's really because of Apple. I do that, and poof, my job goes. So it's not AT&T failing, it's Apple making it look like AT&T is failing.

@cjharley I bet if you had tried another phone, it would have been granted.

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
RE: Microcell

@ Blakejackson - Thanks! I have seen a few links about the Microcell. I am very interested in it due to little to no signal at home. I know that testing of the Microcell has been completed by testers and is due out "before the end of the year". I was just wondering if anyone had any other info as to a firmer date. A local AT&T rep informed me he was going to training on it the 15th of this month. Guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for your reply though!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods