Ask a AT&T Rep!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Ah, the thread I couldn't find finally shows up under new post search!

Blake, do you have any word on what's going on with the MMS, iPhone 3.0 beta, and at&t?

hdyoung3

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Would the voicemail that works with the windows mobile phone still work? I like the iphone, I just have a hard time with being locked down to one phone for 2 years.

Thanks for your help.

IamGov#IM

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Blake....or anyone else who may know the answer to this,

I just purchased my iPhone and started brand new service with ATT 6 days ago. I am hearing a lot of rumors about a new iPhone coming in the summer, so here is my question. If I decide to not opt out in 30 days and return the phones will ATT give me some kind of upgrade rate on the new iPhone? I heard they did this the last time the iPhone was upgraded.

2 more:

Service in my house sucks! I tried contacting customer support and tech support. No one can help. Any other means of getting something done?

When ATT says they are going to wave activation fees does it really take 30 days?

Thanks for the help!:confused:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
My guess is when 3.0 is out, it will be available. Those with family plans will be good to go; those on iPhone text plans may have an issue and I would assume accounts with the iPhone will be provisioned manually or automatically.

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Blake....or anyone else who may know the answer to this,

I just purchased my iPhone and started brand new service with ATT 6 days ago. I am hearing a lot of rumors about a new iPhone coming in the summer, so here is my question. If I decide to not opt out in 30 days and return the phones will ATT give me some kind of upgrade rate on the new iPhone? I heard they did this the last time the iPhone was upgraded.

2 more:

Service in my house sucks! I tried contacting customer support and tech support. No one can help. Any other means of getting something done?

When ATT says they are going to wave activation fees does it really take 30 days?

Thanks for the help!:confused:

As for service in your house, this will be a good solution. Based on info I have gotten from our Area Data Manager, this will be available around the middle of the year...

Details on AT&T's 3G MicroCell: everything but the date and price

As for your iphone, if you return the phone, you will get your money back for the phone and will be eligible to get the discounted price on the new iphone IF IT EVEN EXISTS IF it comes out within thirty days from now. Basically, the only way for you to get the cheapest price on the new iphone if it comes out will either be to cancel your service now and reactivate it if the new iphone comes out, or hope that apple and at&t will give current iphone users the ability to upgrade to the new one at the lowest price like they did last year. If you take the latter option, you will be stuck with an old 3g iphone and a new one. Basically there is no easy way to answer your question, but I hope that helps. And sometimes we don't see bills get credited for two or even three months.

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Ah, the thread I couldn't find finally shows up under new post search!

Blake, do you have any word on what's going on with the MMS, iPhone 3.0 beta, and at&t?

If you are a developer, and you probably must be to have 3.0 running, then you probably know more than I do. I do know that when an iPhone is attached to a mobile number, an "mms block feature" is automatically added to the account. In the past, removing that did not help because the software was not set up to send or receive mms unless you were jailbroken. At any rate, all I would know to do is to try removing that block while you are running 3.0 and see what happens.

hdyoung3

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
One Last unlocked voicemail question...

If I unlocked the phone and got a voicemail, and the iphone voicemail is not working, would I get any notification of a new voicemail? Some icon somewhere or anything?

I am thinking of getting an iphone with no contract and unlocking it.

Thanks for your help.

blakejackson

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
You will get an alert on your iphone, as well as "red dot" alert on your phone icon indicating that you have received a new email. The only difference is that your voicemail will not be visual, it will simply call your at&t voice mailbox number when you hit the voicemail icon.

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know why Apple and ATT and drawn apart in serviceing the iphone will apple in the future possibly train ATT workers to work on the iphone or will apple put a iphone REp on site of a ATT store?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Neither... it will always be Apple. Apple has always been that way and this is because Apple does not want their names tarnished. With this process, the only thing AT&T is providing is service. Look at their macs and services, top of the line and their workers treat it like that. I have yet to see an unhappy Apple employee (not saying they aren't) and when ever you go into an AT&T store with an at&t bag in hand (or even box) and they can see the device, you hear sighs... why? Because they always know 99.9% chance commissions will not be coming to them.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If you are a developer, and you probably must be to have 3.0 running, then you probably know more than I do. I do know that when an iPhone is attached to a mobile number, an "mms block feature" is automatically added to the account. In the past, removing that did not help because the software was not set up to send or receive mms unless you were jailbroken. At any rate, all I would know to do is to try removing that block while you are running 3.0 and see what happens.

It's actually two things... text messaging package rather than messaging being put on the account and always something in the back end that stops mms from going in/out from your device. Even if you do get it activated, that system does sweeps of your IMEI (not the one on account, but the one hitting the switch) and then removes the capability again. I had mine activated since beta 2 and it recently got removed around beta 4... of course it's back on now :D

dsT

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I wanted to know if I purchase an Iphone from an outside source, ie ebay, is AT&T going to detect the Iphone and start charging me for the data plan? Or is optional because I did not buy it direct from them?

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I wanted to know if I purchase an Iphone from an outside source, ie ebay, is AT&T going to detect the Iphone and start charging me for the data plan? Or is optional because I did not buy it direct from them?

When you hook it up to itunes for the first time it'll request that you pick a data plan. I bought my first iphone from a coworker and it made me change my plan before I could use it

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
A question I have is why is AT&T stopping people from upgrading to an iPhone for the upgrade price, when an upgrade is available?

I went to a corporate store the other day and was a little dismayed that I was going to have to pay the $499 for a 16GB iPhone. I am 22 months into one of my lines and wanted to get a 3G (I have 2 more upgrades due by the end of the year, so if a hardware refresh happens, I am prepared). I was told that I can not get an upgrade price until my current line is expired. But I could have any other phone in the store for the upgrade price?????????

I am in the same mindset of a lot of people on this forum when I say that I was willing to give AT&T money and sign a new 2 year contract, but they essentially told me to pay retail for the phone. I will not do that, especially if I am signing a 2 year contract.

Funny thing is I was at Best Buy later and heard them tell someone else the same thing regarding an iPhone..."Come back in 2 months."

I am on a $70/month Family Talk voice plan with family messaging, and data plans on 2 of my 5 lines. I pay over $250/month total. I say this, because I have heard that there were restrictions on iPhone upgrades based on account status and spending.

Any help as to why they are doing this, instead of upgrading and getting the 2 year extensions?

ping_eleven

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
hello. i have an iphone which i bought from another country & is under contract. i want to buy a sim here so i can use it. does at&t provide prepaid sims or plans with unlimited internet? what do you suggest? ty

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my 3G last year I was required to pay a $500 security deposit. I have missed no payments and made no late payments. My next payment will be my 12th which should allow me to receive that deposit back. When, and in what form, should I expect to receive my refund?

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of transferring my old cell phone number, from a local cell phone company, to ATT. I have heard there are problems recieving texts and so forth from that company once I have switched. Someone said they have to, the local company, port that number to ATT. Can you explain and elaborate for me any other disadvantages from keeping my old number? I would highly appreciate it, because the ATT associates in my town are retarded lol. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal