- 10-21-2009, 06:58 PM #226
PostalUT, Thanx for takeing the time to share your Xpertiece and time. This may have been asked only I haven't been able to find it. Is there any way to get the new A T & T Carrier Files when they are released besides upgrading on iTunes ?
- 10-22-2009, 07:48 AM #227
I signed up through the ATT premier website. The company I'm working at offers a discount so it helped make the jump from T-mo much more palatable. I'm a little confused about the setup. They asked me to verify at the business enrollment website (did that) and also sign up at the regular wireless.att site. It's my understanding that the two don't really intersect...? Do I pay my bills on the regular site or the premier? Come to think of it, I don't think I have any kind of logon for the premier. Do they email the work address a lot because I'd like to just change it over to my personal... sorry for the multitude of questions just trying to get the hang of a new carrier. Thanks for any help.
- 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM #228
- 10-25-2009, 10:30 PM #229
- 10-26-2009, 01:03 PM #230
- 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM #231
My iPhone is JB and I don't need to update the entire OS when Apple drops a new update. E.I. 3.0 to 3.1 they are NOT that Xtremely changed. I have everything in my JB 3.0 SMS and a few other toys NOT available with Official Apple iPhone (UN-JB).
Mailnly with the A T & T Carrier files, I was wanting to keep the "Phone" & Data files current. I have found a few sites the had 5.6 posted, but I woudl much rather DN from an "Official" Site... Less chances of infection... Thanx
- 10-26-2009, 05:17 PM #232
- 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM #233
- 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM #234
- 10-27-2009, 07:24 AM #235
- 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM #236
- 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM #237
1) Does AT&T still charge a fee for not activating your iPhone within 30 days?
2) I just got a new iPhone from an early upgrade but am at the end of my billing cycle for the month. If I activate now will I have to pay the +$30 data plan for the entire month?
- 10-30-2009, 12:10 PM #238
2) You will only be charged a prorated portion of the data plan. It's calculated as follows: (Number of days that you used it)/(30 days) x $30. Your first bill may also show the iPhone data plan paid through to the next month because AT&T's billing system bills in advance (with the exception of usage charges)
- 10-30-2009, 02:07 PM #239
- 10-30-2009, 05:12 PM #240
I want to get an iPhone next month (as my contract with my current carrier expires soon). But I'm confused as to the billing.
1) What will my first month's bill be? I have the cheapest possible everything on the plan, and the $5 (200 messages) text plan.
2) How does the billing statement cycle? If I get it on a certain day of the month, will the billing statement by due that day the next month?
3) I read on the forums that the billing is paid in advance--does that mean I have to pay for two months at a time?!
- 10-31-2009, 04:49 AM #241
1:I have the $60 minute plan + 30 for unlimited data for the iphone...& my friend has this same plan & he complain that the data plan is not really unlimited since he end up paying a extra $100 for data...I think he is lying but if he isn't than at&t need to rephrase "unlimited"
y is the ordering so long with at&t...I ordered service with you guys thursday over the telephone...than I had to wait 24 to 48(thankfully it was less than 24 hour more like 23) hours for a email from apple & than respond to it before they send off the phone?also will I get another confirmation email from apple telling me when they will send?
also y I can't follow my order on at&t site eventho I have a 14 digit confirmation #...
I hear nothing but complaints bout at&t towers...but I believe you guys have the 2nd most customers (I thought those titles belonged to verizon & sprint)...so the question is why can't the towers go up quicker?
excuse the typo's I'm typing on my palm pre which I hate
- 10-31-2009, 01:31 PM #242
- 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM #243
2) It depends on your signup day. They determine the start of the billing cycle when you sign up for the plan and usually it will be within 1-5 days of the signup date each month. The billing cutoff date will be the same each month
3) Your first bill will include prorated portions of the first few days you signup before the first full billing cycle starts plus a full bill plus activation fees. When you sign up they will give you an estimate of the first month's bill on your CSS that will be given to you. Subsequent bills will be cheaper
- 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM #244
- 10-31-2009, 04:32 PM #245
- 10-31-2009, 05:08 PM #246
AT&T and the iPhone operate on GSM. The user identification is stored in the removable SIM card. If you report the phone stolen, they can refuse connections from the SIM card however, once the SIM card is removed the iPhone is able to accept another AT&T SIM card and function fully.
If you're concerned, I would recommend a two prong approach (note that this is my PERSONAL set up, not an official solution from AT&T). The first is to sign up for MobileMe. This will allow you to track the phone and try to recover if stolen. It will also allow you to remote wipe all the information on the device so your information stays secure. I also contacted my homeowner's insurance agent and asked to have a rider put onto my homeowner's policy that covers all four of my iPhones. This is on an agent by agent basis so call them up. One might refuse to do it, where another won't have a problem with it. I don't pay a deductible and the replacement cost was set at the full retail price when new.
- 11-01-2009, 12:05 AM #247
not entirely true. GSM phones have an identification just like the CMDA phones it's called the IMEI # and i find it interesting that though ATT uses it to check if you have an iPhone on their network to charge you the data plan, they don't use it to block phones reported stolen. Which they could implement if they wanted to.
Though it exists in Europe there is no IMEI Blacklist in teh US...can't quite figure out why though.
- 11-01-2009, 08:33 PM #248
- 11-02-2009, 08:00 AM #249
- 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM #250