Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Used iPhone without changing plan (AT&T.)

What's up y'all. I have a BlackJack, but have been wanting an iPhone as long as I have realized the short comings of Windows Mobile (I feel they make the most powerful phones, but no one makes any software for them.)

Anyways, I am planning on buying an iPhone off of Craigslist and I have a few questions

Can I use my current texting and data plan or do I have to unlock to keep from changing my plan?

Can I sign up for an iPhone data plan (I'm on family) without adding a commitment?

If I add the iPhone to my family plan, can I use the family plan's unlimited text feature or will I only have the 200 or 0 texts included in the plan?

Thanks for the help, if I do end of getting an iPhone I'll probably start being on the forums more often and not just read the blog I've been lusting for a phone like this for almost my whole life

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

You will have to unlock it if you wish to keep your current plan. And I don't know where you get that there is no software for WM? There is a TON of software out there ...

But, still get a iPhone...