T-mobile soon to be on 3G. Will be getting iPhone 3G too?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Does anybody know if T-mobile will be getting the iPhone 3G? I saw a sign the other day about T-mobile getting 3G service in October. I wonder if they are doing that because they want their smart phones to compete with iPhone's fast 3G data, or because more people with unlock the iPhone and take it to them.

What do you guys think?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Not until 2010. AT&T has extended their death-like grip on the iPhone until then.

Most likely they want to flex their 3G muscle at Apple to show what they're capable of. They're probably losing customers to AT&T and want to show their coverage compared to AT&T.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
T-Mobile is just playing catch up honestly... Also I would not be shocked to see Apple stick with At&t after 2010 again.

Last edited:

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
It won't matter to the people who unlocked their iPhones since T-mobile USA's 3G frequency is completely different than the one used by AT&T/iPhone/Everyone else.

They will require new devices... even European units will not be compatible. The first smartphone compatible with T-mobile USA's 3G network is a "REVISED to add 1700 3G band" HTC slider. Unless Apple specifically builds a phone for T-Mobile USA... which it will not do since there is an exclusivity agreement plus it just won't make sense to do a one off for T-mo, iPhone will never see 3G speeds on T-mobile.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Which sucks. I'd love to see Apple open it up.

Nah, not me. I like right where it is. I have great service with at&t. I would never even go back to Sprint or would never use Verizon. And tmobile has terrible service here. Especially where I live... my girlfriend gets no service when she is over.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Even if T-Mobile did get the iphone I wouldn't switch. I left TMobile to come over to At&t to get the iphone. I hated Tmobiles coverage. Their customer service was GREAT, but thats' it. It's a shame when you cant get service in your own house. If it wasn't for the WiFi blackberry curve that I used on my home WiFi signal I would have never been able to talk on my phone.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I have T-Mobile. Service I have in my area is great. BTW T-mobile is way bigger than AT&T world wide. Also their prices are more reasonable, and they have my faves. I only pay about $60/month for my 8320. BIS service is $20 a month compared to $30 a month with AT&T. Both providers have good service though. Even Verizon has good service. Sprint on the other hand...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Looks like Tmobile is part of AT&T now. Guess they get the iphone now :p This leaves Sprint the only major carrier without..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711