Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How much for service?

I am currently a AT&T customer and I want to get the Iphone. I was wondering how much it costs per month to use the internet? Also if you get the Iphone and don't pay for the internet, what do you lose? Would you still be able to get things like GPS and other stuff like that?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

It's $30 per month for unlimited 3G data on the iPhone. I don't think they'll let you drop the data plan. You can still use GPS without the data, as long as you've got WiFi to get maps. That's the problem, if you're in the middle of nowhere with no data then you've got no maps, so even though the GPS will know what your coordinates are it won't do you much good unless you understand long./lat. Once a real nav program comes out I'd expect it to have it's own maps though, so then you wouldn't need data for maps anymore.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Welcome to the forums, you can find some of the info you are looking for at this link.