ATT Start Up Problems with Activation

Joemhz

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
My store took over 30 mins to activate my iPhone. There appears to be a steep learning curve among reps. I counted only 3 people processed in 35 mins with 3 reps working at terminals.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
at least yours was activated. Mine handed the phone to me and told me to activate it at home. Now all I get is an error to try again, an error with iTunes has occured :mad:

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
The funny thing about this is that AT&T did this so that their phones would not be jailbroken... this go around it didn't take months to jailbrake.... I was jailbroken BEFORE launch. :rolleyes:

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
mine was really quick, like 15 minutes at apple store, it looked like they had more than 30 people processing

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
See, this is what happens when you mess with a good system to begin with.
You can thank AT&T for this mess.
Actually, "this mess" is 100% Apple's doing. Clearly they reserved insufficient bandwidth for the simultaneous launches of MobileMe, App Store, iPhone 2.0 OS download, and thousands of simultaneous iPhone 3G activations. AT&T is a victim as much as all the screwed customers (Link).

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Actually, "this mess" is 100% Apple's doing. Clearly they reserved insufficient bandwidth for the simultaneous launches of MobileMe, App Store, iPhone 2.0 OS download, and thousands of simultaneous iPhone 3G activations. AT&T is a victim as much as all the screwed customers (Link).

Since 8am EDT I have not been able to connect to iTunes store for Version 2.0. I can connect to all other services and have tried two networks. I get several different messages but they are all variations on "can't connect to store."

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

As in most such cases, there is plenty of blame to go around. There was late and inadequate planning and training. There is inadequate network capacity. There is a lack of trust of the customer and a terrible activation process.

It is not as though those of us in the forum are surprised or that we have not been cautioning Apple for days.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The funny thing about this is that AT&T did this so that their phones would not be jailbroken... this go around it didn't take months to jailbrake.... I was jailbroken BEFORE launch. :rolleyes:
I am just broken. iPhone will not install the downloaded 2.0 and it cannot get the one from the server.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Apple should have let people activate it at home. I'm starting think...you know? Who cares if people want to jailbreak. You watch someones gonna find a way. And this in store process was just gonna be a waste of our time.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Apple should have let people activate it at home. I'm starting think...you know? Who cares if people want to jailbreak. You watch someones gonna find a way. And this in store process was just gonna be a waste of our time.

They did let people activate at home.
But you still sign a two year contract with AT&T before you leave.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site

I think they knew this was going to happen. Because it was mention before launch that they would make you sign but that they may let you activate at home. What they didn't tell us was the reason they would let you activate had home was because of log jam.

bripat22

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I think they knew this was going to happen. Because it was mention before launch that they would make you sign but that they may let you activate at home. What they didn't tell us was the reason they would let you activate had home was because of log jam.

Great , so they are too incompetent to activate it in store so they graciously give you the phone back which you probably can't activate once you get home :)
<thanks GOD ALMIGHTY I did not buy it now>

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2