$30 vs $45 data plan. What's the Diff

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
What's the difference? I was just talking with an AT&T rep and since I work for a university, they said I needed to get the $45 data plan. When I asked why, he said it is because it is a corporate data plan for users of corporate mail systems. I said my university doesn't have a corporate mail system, just plain old POP3 and IMAP. So why would I need the higher plan? He is going to ask others and get back to me. But I thought I would ask you all.

If I used a hosted exchange service like Sherweb or 4Iphone.net would I have to pay for the $45 dollar to get the exchange service....is the exchange service ability locked out for $30 plans?

Thanks.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't know if anyone outside the carriers (and that will vary by country and carrier) knows that for sure (besides Apple, 'natch).

Could a carrier suppress Exchange data? Nothing surprises me anymore. But it does leave a consumer who just wants a hosted Exchange service in the dark...

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm told that if it's a business purchase, it will go as Enterprise Data Plan. Perhaps they're going to be on a different backbone or just get better customer service.

I know as a Sprint Business Customer at work, I have separate telephone numbers and direct contacts, and get all my requests done within a 24-hour turnaround. Of course, I have friends who have Sprint and get the usual runaround as an individual customer.

I don't think they'll suppress Exchange access, IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro