Aftermarket CarPlay Navigation and Sync Help

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I just had a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX installed in my 2010 Ford F-150. I also used a iDataLink Mastreo module to retain the Ford Sync features. I have had a couple issues and things that are annoying that hopefully someone else has seen and could assist me.

1. We were having issues getting all the Sync phone features to work and I did "Forget this connection" on my iPhone. When I tried to re-establish the connection between Ford Sync and my iPhone it asks for a PIN. Normally this is no issue, but since the factory radio is no longer installed, the PIN does not come up on the display or the radio. Anyone know how to fix this? I have reset the iDatalink module and updated the firmware on both the radio and module.

2. Every time I start maps when my iPhone is plugged in, even if I am sitting in my driveway, it tried to route me to home. This is annoying! Is there anyway to turn this feature off?

Thanks for any information...

muchmaligned

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Fot #2 I think the only way you can do this is to turn off frequent locations

* Settings - Privacy - Location Services - (down to the bottom) System Services
* scroll down to Frequent Locations, tap it and turn off

Not sure why it's suggesting you go home from your own drive tho (just how big is your drive? :tongue: !)

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
As far as the pairing issue, I believe the answer lies in not pairing the phone to SYNC anymore and just using the Bluetooth on the radio. There were settings in the Maestro module programming and its best to use the radio BT and just forget about SYNC altogether. In reality once you get used to the Pioneer and CarPlay, SYNC doesn't bring much else to the table from what I recall. Vehicle Health Report maybe but if your a responsible car owner that thing doesn't tell you anything you don't already know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73