Connection failed

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
On my Volkswagen 2016 I get a "connection failed. Please make sure your phone is unlocked" message every second time I start my vehicle up. It won't connect unless I turn the car off and restart the phone. I'm not going to do this all the time because it always doesn't work. Does anyone have this issue and a resolution? So annoying.

Theresa Curnow1

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I have same exact issue!! Car a couple weeks old VW Jetta 2016 and CarPlay was working beautifully daily. Now all of a sudden today neither of our iPhones 5c or 6s will connect. Says failed and check if phone is unlocked. Anyone know how to fix this??? I bought CarPlay vehicle because I wanted the GPS feature through phone. Not happy about this inconsistency. :(

Bayzero

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Ask members in the other forum such as general discussion may be you can get a better advice to correct this challege or send a e-mail to iMore, they may have a solution to this.

Janel Rhoda 1

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I have same exact issue!! Car a couple weeks old VW Jetta 2016 and CarPlay was working beautifully daily. Now all of a sudden today neither of our iPhones 5c or 6s will connect. Says failed and check if phone is unlocked. Anyone know how to fix this??? I bought CarPlay vehicle because I wanted the GPS feature through phone. Not happy about this inconsistency. :(

I have had the exact issue. Have been given the run around from VW and am at a standstill with them right now. Can you tell me if your issue as been resolved?

jonhyman

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with my Hyundai Santa Fe. Unplugging and replugging phone has fixed every time (even though it's an a** ache). Same solution fixes no playback from Spotify app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234