General Questions - Carplay aftermarket stereos
I have a few questions around carplay - aftermarket (excuse my lack of understanding)
1. Does it have to have a permanent Wifi,data connection (maps, siri etc..)
2. Navigation- Are there offline maps - download- cache etc..
3 Navigation- Can navigation operate without my phone connected?
4 Bluetooth phone connection (option)
5 can an existing reverse camera (PAL/RCA) be connected (guessing when it comes active it will display?)
- 12-25-2015, 09:53 AM #2iMore Beginner
- 82 Posts
Re: General Questions - Carplay aftermarket stereos
I'll answer them in order
1. Yes, the phone has to have the data on to at lease use maps etc...
2. No, there is no option for offline or cache maps and the only maps app you can use (as of now) is Apple's.
3. Yes and no. If you want the actual maps on the screen the phone has to be connected. But if you just use Bluetooth then you'll just get the vocal directions.
4. Yes you can connect the phone with Bluetooth (make calls/listen to music) but to get the whole CarPlay experience you have to have the phone connected.
5. Yes, backup camera can be connected to the aftermarket units.
Hope this helps.
- By Q115115 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-20-2016, 07:52 PM
- By Chris Cook5 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2015, 11:32 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-14-2015, 08:12 PM
- By AndroidDario in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2015, 06:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2015, 05:29 PM