Volume Issue with CarPlay on Pioneer AVH-4100NEX

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with CarPlay on my Pioneer head unit. I cannot figure out how to adjust the volume of the ringer (when you get a call) and the voice prompts when Siri reads text messages or giving navigation directions. These are happening at FULL volume so it's unusable. Trying to adjust the volume on the head unit itself does nothing for these sounds, only the music volume. Trying to adjust the volume on the my 6s Plus itself also does nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I cannot use CarPlay because of this.

I also have a Galaxy Note 5 and when I use Android Auto I can simply use the volume adjustment on the head unit to adjust volume as these things occur. In other words when I receive a phone call, if the ringer is too loud, I can decrease the volume by pressing the volume down button on the head unit while I am receiving an incoming call. I can also do the same to adjust the volume of navigation directions while using Google Maps to navigate. So, Android Auto lets me adjust the volume for these individually, in real time. CarPlay does not. I've read the owner's manual and searched online and can't find anything. Looking for suggestions please.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having same issue. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance

When you press the volume + or - buttons you'll notice a tab that says "Alerts" will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap on the Alerts tab to adjust the volume for Siri. I actually have mine set at "01" and that's plenty loud.

the_real_ep

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
The "Alerts" fix worked for my text alerts but not for my ringtone problem. Even after setting my "alerts volume" to "01" it was still making my ears bleed every time the phone rang. I found another forum for another head unit/car that suggested simply using the "+" and "-" volume adjustment buttons WHILE the phone is actually ringing and it worked!! You can adjust the ringtone volume as low or high as you want. Mine was set to default to "50" 😳🙉 Now I have it set to "2" and it's perfect. It also seems to be a global setting so when my boyfriend plugs his phone into CarPlay after I changed the setting, it stayed at level "2" for his phone as well.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods